15

'What movie are we seeing?,' I asked Ethan.

'Not sure, I haven't decided. Is there anything you're in the mood for?,' he called back from the bathroom.

He came out with his towel wrapped around his waist.

'Uh...no. Y-you can choose something.'

He grabbed some clothes and nodded. 'I'll google it.'

I turned back to the mirror and started straightening my hair. I already knew what I was going to wear: a black and white floral play suit that was flowy and loose at the thighs with a black leather belt and some high round-toe heels. The play suit rode up pretty high so I hoped I wouldn't be flashing anyone. Whoops.

'Are you almost ready yet?,' Ethan asked, emerging from the bathroom and fully ready to leave. He was wearing black tartan trousers with a white, short-sleeved T-shirt tucked in.

'I'm just about to get dressed.'

'I'm sprouting wrinkles over here; hurry up,' he moaned, plopping down onto my bed and taking out his phone.

'Stop bitching, I'll be, like, two seconds.' I put the straighteners down and picked up my outfit, going into the wardrobe.

'Why are you going in there?'

'The steam from the shower will make my hair wavy,' I shouted through the door. 'You look nice, by the way.'

'You're too good to me,' he replied.

'I got my talks with you and Eden out of the way, but I still need to talk to Grayson.'

'Why?'

'I want to apologise and set everything straight.'

After hitting my funny bone around eighty times and smacking my ass against the wall double that, I finally emerged, ready.

'Alright, what're we seeing?,' I asked.

'I don't know about you, but I'm seeing a hot chick,' he said, looking up from his phone.

I grinned. 'Thanks. But seriously, what movie are we watching?'

'The Lion King at five?'

'Yes, I've been meaning to watch that.'

He clicked his tongue and gave me a thumbs up but something seemed to be bothering him.

'What's up, buttercup?,' I edged.

'I've got a pair of converse that match my pants but I left them downstairs.'

'Can you not wear another pair?'

'The outfit isn't the same without them,' he replied.

'Well, I'm coming with you.'

'No, you're not. As if I'm shoving you into my drama.'

I scoffed. 'As if I'm letting you go alone.'

He pursed his lips and looked at me, debating.

'I'm calling Eden to ask if she and Grayson are bumping uglies in his room to avoid any walk-ins. Do you have your key?'

'Yeah.'

I waited for Eden to answer.

'Hello?'

'Hey, where are you right now?'

'In our room, why?'

'So you're not with Grayson?'