1. Out of sight but still in mind

Hey guys this is my first book i'm writing on Wattpad so I hope you enjoy it. Happy Reading!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maria

"I don't understand! Where is it?" I say. Just yesterday there was $5,000 in my savings account and now it is gone. I was going to use that money plus my college fund to start my life, to move out to California and become an actress. Now i'm stuck here in this God forsak-

"Maria" My father screamed breaking me from my thoughts.

" Yes Papi?" I yell back.

"Can you come in here for a moment, we need to talk." I instantly notice  the seriousness of his tone and get a bit nervous thinking of what is to come. My father was usually always happy and our conversations were always lighthearted, but when I walk in the living room iI see anything but a happy father.

"What is wrong Papi?" I question as I am sitting down. He barely looks my way as he starts what sounds like a very rehearsed speech.

" Maria, it pains me to tell you this but I have no money for you to go to college. I-"

"But what about my college fund?" I interrupt frantically.

His eyes darken,

"We spent it all trying to save your mother."

"So there is nothing left?" I ask shakily.

"No. Maria I am so sorry I didn't want this for you. I wanted to be able to provide you what you wanted and needed so that you can follow your dreams especially since your mother--." His voice breaks and  I look up to see tears streaming down my father's face. I quickly go over to him and for a second think about telling him that I have savings and that everything is okay, but then I remember that everything isn't okay, that all of my savings are gone and silently I shed a tear as my hope crumbles. Soon we have both crumpled to the floor overcome by everything we've lost in these past few months and no longer am I trying to comfort my father, the roles have been switched and now he holds me as I cry over what could have been.

Johnny

"What the heck is this? You call this piece of crap a report? I don't think so redo it and have it on my desk by noon." Barbara,the secretary,was practically trembling. I had been at the office since 6am trying to go over the last minute details for the acquisition of a new company I had been negotiating for months. As the CEO of Sole Industries I had a lot on my plate and I just needed the people who worked for me to make my life easier, wasn't that what they were being paid to do?

"Yes sir." She said bringing my attention back the current situation and I wondered why she still hadn't left.

"Why are you still here get to work!"

"Oh yes of course." Why can none of my secretaries get it right? I mean I'm not that demanding of a guy. This was the third secretary I had hired this month and honestly it seemed like it was time to look for another one. 

------------------------
What did you think of the first chapter hope you liked it. Please comment and like. I want to know what you think. Thanks! And as always,
Xoxo, Purplerose21