Chapter-6 Home sweet Home

The two began their awkward silent walk towards Randy's home. They had not said anything to each other for a while, they didn't know what to say. With every passing second the awkwardness grew. Every now and then they would take fleeting glances at one another and sometimes they would stare at the same time which made things more awkward and caused them to blush.

'Okay Nomicon, you can do this. It's only Randy, talk to him, Say something, anything would be good!' Nomi slowly opened her mouth and said." So, do you...walk here often?" She then realized what she said and began to lode herself. ' Anything would be good unless it was stupid!"

" Um yeah, I do. It's the same path I take everyday." Randy answers calmly with a smile, showing he wasn't weirded by her question much to Nomi's relief.

' Okay, he's not weirded out, let's try this again.'

Just as they were walking an elderly woman walked passed them in the opposite direction." Awe, What a cute couple." She said.

' Oh my gosh, lady shut up! Who says that? Mind your own business!' Nomi's cheeks redden with embarrassment. She glances at Randy and saw him blushing too. She was surprised but later smiled.' Okay, maybe I shouldn't have thought that, she was just being nice."

They had finally reached Randy's house. Randy went ahead inside first to give his mother a heads up while she silently followed behind him. " Hey, Mom. Are you home?"

" In the kitchen, honey." Echoed a voice through the hall.

" Ah mom, I brought a friend."

" Is it Howard?" She asked.

" Um no. Ah mom remember my ah penpal well she's here with me."

There was silence for a good five seconds until the crashing sound of pots and pans hitting the ground was heard. Randy immediately ran to the kitchen with Nomi and they both saw Randy's mother looking unharmed but shocked with some pots on the ground.

" Um mom. Are you okay?" He asked confused and worried.

" Oh, yes. I'm just surprised that's all. Randy's never brought home a girl before." she stated.

The teen boy blushed at what his mother had said." Mom."

" Sorry, honey." she apologized before walk next to the red haired girl." Welcome, what's your name, dear?"

" Um, Nomi Norisu. Pleasure to meet you, ma'am." she introduced herself politely with a bow.

" Well aren't you polite, will you join us for dinner?"

" ah, I don't want to intrude."

" Oh we don't mind, right Randy?" she insisted.

" Yeah, come on Nomi, it'll be bruce."

" I'm not su...." Before even finishing her sentence both mother and son were smiling joyfully and sending warm rays.' So bright! Can't resist!
Having not much of a choice Nomi caved in and agreed." Well if you all insist then, okay." 

~*~*~*time skip*~*~*~

The three people sat together enjoying their food while engaging in conversation.

" So, Nomi tell me about yourself." Asked the purple haired woman.

" Well I'm from Japan obviously and well that's it." She replied. She really didn't know what to say, she obviously couldn't tell her that she's an 800 year old book of wisdom.