0 . 1 5

| E X P E C T  T H E 
U N E X P E C T E D |
• • •
0 . 1 5

     Brooks felt free

     Brooks felt free.

     For the first time since he could even remember, he felt free. With Meg and Jeff's smiles bigger than anyone's he'd ever seen, and Mitchel Haling gushing about another girl, and lastly, Blake's hand that had been thrown over his shoulder during the drive.

Sure, Blake obviously meant it in a friendly manor, but still, Brooks' heart fluttered in his chest at the mere gesture.

Meg watched, leaning over to whisper in Jeff's ear, "do you see that?" Jeff nodded at this, his hand curling over her thigh, and lips smirking over at his best friend, who instantly pushed Brooks away.

Brooks felt awkward, but kept his smile.

Because this one was real. This one wasn't forced nor was it unhappy. And maybe his newfound reasoning for happiness was Blake and his delinquent friends. Maybe this was exactly what Brooks had been needing all this time.

Just a little bit of trouble.

Just then, the car stopped at Merritt Hills' Lake, and both Meg, and Jeff were the first of the four to leave Blake's old, leaking car.

Brooks watched, his fingers tightened, and curled around each other, when Meg, Jeff and Mitchel began to undress, letting their every item fall, only left to be in their undergarments.

Brooks turned to Blake, whose suit jacket was already being removed, as Brooks began to question him. "What's going on? W-Why are you guys getting naked?"

Blake chuckled, tossing away the undershirt and suit jacket, as he began to unbuckle his belt. "We're all going skinny dipping. So, come on, take off your clothes, Brooky."

Brooks' cheeks burned red at the sight of Blake's bottom being the only thing hidden from view, as he took a few moments to think. Maybe coming all the way out there with Blake wasn't such a good idea, after all.

Brooks had never been skinny dipping, hell, he could hardly even swim, what made him think skinny dipping was even possible?

Meg hooked her legs around Jeff's waist, as Mitchel creepily watched. Soon, both Meg and Jeff were splashing one another, their laughs as loud and clear as ever.

Then, Brooks' eyes made their way over to Blake's, who slicked a callous hand through his wet curls, dark eyes finding Brooks', convincing him without any word.

First, Brooks removed his dress shoes, that he knew would have sand in them by morning, but if Brooks was honest, he didn't care much for them, anyway. Second, came his suit jacket, and undershirt—meanwhile, Blake stills watched him silently.

Last, came both his belt and slacks. And once they hit the floor, Brooks ran toward the dock, not wanting Blake to see the remains of his bare body any longer.

Meg leaned over to kiss his cheek, her cheeks pulsing as her dimples began to showcase themselves. "You're way fucking cooler than any of us thought, Brooks."

And in that moment, it was as though he'd finally gotten acceptance. No matter how badly Blake had treated him when they were younger, all of their acceptance made him happier than his parents ever could.

     Within seconds, Blake was hovering behind Brooks, Brooks being able to feel the heat radiating off of Blake's brooding shoulders and chest.

     Brooks turned, his face met face-to-face with the darkness that was Blake's chest. Blake looked down, his eyes never leaving Brooks'. "You having fun?"'

     The nod instant, and while feeling a small second of courage in an intense moment like that, he chuckled. "Yeah, that charity event was . . . a lot. And I'm kinda of really happy I got out of there. No matter how much trouble I'll be in, in the morning."

     Blake's lips curled on their own accord, his eyes finally finding Meg and Jeff, who had been sexually photographed by Mitchel, who stood fast before them.

     Their stare didn't end there, as Blake leaned in closer, his lips close. Oh, so close, that Brooks couldn't help but lean in, too. This happened for a while, just staring, leaning, Brooks being to scared to make a move, and Blake watching the freight in Brooks' eyes.

     Then, Blake leaned in closer, whispering, "chicken."

     Brooks blushed, his heart stuttering in embarrassment. "W-What?"

     "Let's fucking play chicken!"