0 . 2 0

| E X P E C T T H E
U N E X P E C T E D |
•  •  •
0 . 2 0

     Brooks watched in pure happiness as Charles packed both he and Helena's bags in their shared car, most-likely watching Brooks closely in the corner of his eye

     Brooks watched in pure happiness as Charles packed both he and Helena's bags in their shared car, most-likely watching Brooks closely in the corner of his eye. Charles had went over the rules hundreds of times, along with his threat of revoking Brooks' UCLA privileges.

     Brooks had also called Jackson a few times, only to be ignored. Maybe Jackson was taking a nap, he thought. Or maybe he didn't want to be in Brooks' toxic living space two days in a row.

     He knew Jackson had been lying the day before, when he left. But what he couldn't understand was why. The two had been best friends since they were eight years old. Was Jackson just tired, and in need of a break or space.

     Brooks knew only time would tell, but he just wished that time wasn't so far away.

     As both Helena and Charles drove off, with one last warning look, Brooks hopped upstairs into his bedroom, leaving the door ajar, as there was concern for his father or mother lurking in whenever uninvited.

     He blasted his favorite song, and stripped down to only his favorite long t-shirt, and long, striped pair of socks that he'd never been allowed to wear before. With Helena claiming that the orange and purple stripes didn't go well with his pale skin tone.

     He held his mother's hair brush to his lips, belting out the chorus to a song he'd known for coming on about four years. He remembers when Jackson ran into his bedroom freshman year, cellphone and headphones in hand.

     Brooks ran down the staircase into the spacious living room, he jutted his hips forward in a sort of rhythm, as he made his way into the kitchen.

     He chuckled to himself, while himself making a rather large bowl of ice cream, knowing that Helena would have an absolute fit, if she were there.

     But before he could even stuff a bite into his mouth, the doorbell rang, causing Brooks' heart to drop into his knees, when remembering what little bit of clothing he'd had on.

     While shouting a loud, "hold on!" He made his way back up the staircase, and threw on the first thing that came to mind.

     Surely, it couldn't be his parents, they'd only left twenty minutes ago, or so. His lips curled at their own accord when realizing that it could've been Jackson, once again, coming to save the day.

     But his heart dropped, once more, when he pulled the door open, revealing Meg, Jeff, Mitchel, and Blake, who're all currently holding cases of beer, and small plastic bags of green substance.

     Meg smiled devilishly, "you free?"