Tears of Belief

~Mettaton POV~

The beeping annoyed him. It was a slow, consistent noise. It aggravated him deeply. Why was there even a beeping.

He couldn't open his eyes.

Maybe he just felt to tired to do anything. But this felt different. Restricting.

He couldn't move.

Panic seized him. Why couldn't he move!? His mind screamed. His mind jumped up and opened his eyes and tore open whatever had decided to trap him. In his mind he broke out of wherever he was and escaped. But his body did none of that.

The beeping continued.

His toe.

He could move his toe. Only slightly, but he could definitely move it. He wiggled it. Moved it back and forth till that feeling spread. He could move his feet now. He rocked them back and forth. Again and again, and that feeling kept spreading. His right hand twitched. He could feel his arms. His torso and his...

His chaises was open...why was it...?

Oh.

"Huh." His own voice shocked him. It sounded devoid of anything. Exactly how he felt.

"Huh." He could open his eyes now. He knew that much. But he didn't. Because he had a very good feeling. That there was at least two guests in the room with him. Maybe three. He couldn't bare to see any of them.

Not after what he'd done.

There was no noise. Surely if Papyrus-

It hurt. It hurt to think of his name.

His eyes opened. There was a long moment where everything was horribly blurred before focusing. He turned his head to the left. Alphys and Undyne sat there. But not him.

They looked nervous, surprisingly Undyne more so. She'd probably never even considered he would try to-

He laughed. It was a harsh, bitter sound. And it scared the other two in the room as much as it scared him. He kept laughing. His eyes moistened as tears slowly trickled out of his eyes. He kept laughing. It was turning shriller, quicker.

Insane.

He's gone.

This new thought plagued him like no other.

"M-M-Mettaton." Alphys nervous voice jerked him out of his thoughts. His laughing slowed down into a chuckle, before stoping entirely. He had sat up. Tears puddled on his glorious thighs. There was no laughter now. Only tears. Only sad, miserable tears.

His voice somehow managed to choke out a few words. "H-h-he's gone i-isn't he?"

Surprisingly, Undyne responded, her voice gentle. "W-who? Who's gone?"

"Him...I'll n-never get t-to say it to h-him now. He's p-probably g-gone f-for good and I-I've ruined h-him l-like anything else in m-my l-life..." His voice sounded so...

"H-hey look I..." Undynes voice stumbled to a halt while she built up confidence to say something. "Why?"

The word shook him. Why had he done that? He had a pretty good idea.

"Because...I am...garbage." His hands griped the bench he was on.
"A waste of parts. A scrap heap of nothing valuable. Useful to nobody. I am a NOBODY."

His fists were clenched so tight he was afraid they might break.

"T-that's not t-true M-Mettaton. You mean a l-lot to me a-and so ma-many other monsters." Alphys stuttered.