Chapter 9: moments and meetings

Today was finally the day, I woke up really early this morning around 3 am and took a shower and I know what you might be thinking. Am over doing it and I know I am but am just really excited that's all.

I spent almost 2 hours on a call with Abdul Malik this morning talking about how I was feeling I was over the moon it was happening I wasn't sure of how to act or what to do so he was telling me a little about his family members and how they are.

He also told me that there were coming around 12 and that after that he had a little work in the office to handle to he has to leave before his family, I was a bit angry about him leaving in such an important thing in our lives, this is not how I want to remember this moment.

"Ammah you need to get you ass up from that bed and get ready it's almost 10 fa" Aisha came in and told me grabbing my Lafaya from the drawer.

"Just give me a minute to end this call with Abdul" I replied to her still on my call.

"Just hurry please we really need to start getting ready"

I quickly said my good bye to him and ended the cal with Abdul and walked to Aisha so she could start my make up.

25 minutes later I was done with my makeup and Aisha went over to the bed to get the lafaya, I got dressed in the navy blue lafaya and my inner long sleeve body hug and paired it with a black sandal.
~~~~~~~
"Ooh my god Ammah there here" Aisha came back into the room saying after she went to the next room to get ready.

"Okay ok am coming just give me a moment to touch up the makeup"

I was just noticing that I haven't seen munawar all day today actually she never left her room but maybe it's better that way.

I walked down the halls and headed for the living room where I assumed they must be at.

I entered the room with a salaam and my head bowed down to my feet for respect.

"Inakwana mama, inakwana baba" I greeted both of Abdul's parents that were sitting on a two sit cushion.

"Lafiya, yakike ya gida" they both replied at the same time.

"Alhamdullilah"

I quickly went back to take my sit close to Aisha on the floor right in front of baba and hajiya.

"So Ammah baba yace you've accepted the marriage proposal"

I nodded my head diligently as a reply
"Well then there is nothing more to say. I have always wanted my son to marry from your family and now it's happening we will forever be bonded by this" Abdul's father continued.

"Inshallah" baba replied.

"Well we did bring some gifts for our future daughter in law, someone is getting it from the car"

"That's so nice but you didn't have to" baba replied with a warm smile.

"We also were thinking maybe the wedding could be in 3 months if that's not to soon that is"
"Ofcourse it's not the sooner the better" baba replied.

The things were taken to the guest room for safe keeping while hajiya eyed them but never said a word.

"Are you sure it's her you want to marry Abdul" hajiya spoke directing the question to Abdul Malik.

"Yes ofcourse I am mama" Abdul replied.

"Am just saying munawar is always available"

Abdul Malik didn't even reply to her statement but in the real sense of it what could he say honestly.