Chapter13: heartbroken

"There is no tragedy that can happen that can never be worst"
-Indiana

After the incident that happened that night. Abdul never returned that night, I eventually cried myself to sleep in the hopes of maybe feeling better in the morning.

I woke feeling even worst memories of what happened yesterday flushing into my head. I still couldn't believe what happened but I couldn't deny it either.

I took my bath and dressed up and immediately called Aisha to come over since I couldn't leave the house without his permission his still my husband after all.

"Girl am so sorry for not picking the call, you won't believe what happened I swea-" Aisha walked in saying but stopped immediately she saw my face.

"What did you say to him. What did you do to him, am so sorry" she said hugging me tightly.

"His cheating on me Aisha, and when I confronted him about it he hit me saying that this was his house and that he could do whatever he wanted"

"No.no you can't stay here any longer we have to go and tell baba about this"

"Aisha please don't tell baba about any of this ok he's done so much for me already and I can't stress him further"

"Ok but you still need to leave this house it's not safe"

"I will leave but I need a divorce first. I can't believe am doing this but am asking him for a divorce I just can't stand this any longer"

"Ok then I have to go now but when you get it just call me to come pick you up"

"Alright"

///////////
After Aisha left a few hours later it was almost to midnight and he was still not back to see me since after that incident.

I went to sleep after my prayers at around 10. Later into the night I heard someone banging on my door, I quickly woke up from bed and opened the door cause I thought maybe it was an emergency like a fire or something.

But I still wondered who it was cause my gateman is not allowed to enter my house as am a married woman.

Immediately the door slid open someone grabbed my hair from behind and threw me to the door.
"Baby did you miss me"

It was him, my worst nightmare and he came back in the worst nature. Drunk.

"Get away from me abdul or I'll call the police"

"You mean the police I can bribe with 2k"

"Please abdul leave"

"This is my house not yours and am not leaving"

"I want a divorce"

"You are mine and mine alone"

He grabbed a fist full of my hair again and dragged  me up to his height.

"I want you, that's what I want"

"No abdul you can't I am sick remember"