Chapter 24

Virgil's POV

Isaac walked in, but I couldn't bring myself to care. He hadn't broken me—I wasn't going to tell him the truth—but it took to much energy to fight.

"How are you feeling?" he asked.

"Like shit. How are you?"

He smiled. "I'm a little annoyed." He picked up the remote for the T.V. that had remained in the corner. An image appeared. "Do you know what that is?"

I leaned my head against my arm. "It's my bedroom."

"Precisely. We had cameras placed in there about two months ago."

"You had cameras placed throughout my entire apartment nine and a half weeks ago. At least, it was nine and a half weeks ago before you kidnapped me."

"Very good! The question is 'how could you possibly know that?'" He stepped up to me and grabbed me by the hair, forcing my lax expression into a pained one. "Well?"

I kept my mouth shut.

Isaac pulled out a pocket knife, flipping the blade out. He held it against my throat. "How did you know?" he yelled in my face.

A small smile came over me. "Go ahead and kill me. See just where it gets you."

He tossed the knife to the ground, then released me. He pointed the remote at the T.V. again, my bedroom changing to be my living room. "This is the night we took you."

"Attacked and kidnapped," I corrected. As soon as the video played, I realized my mistake. There I was, clearly using powers.

"What do you call those?" Isaac asked.

I took a deep breath, holding my head a bit higher. "Impressive editing and animation skills."

He turned the screen off, then made his way to the door. He grabbed something I couldn't see. When he turned around, my heart stopped.

A whip.

Should I just tell him? He wouldn't actually...

"I'll give you one more chance, Virgil. You're the hardest person I've had to crack, but you'll break eventually."

I'm pretty sure I can't take it, but who knows what he'll do to me if I admit it. "Fuck. You."