Part 25

The air was dark and snapped at exposed skin, it stung tender cheeks and froze the tears. The city seemed to go silent for a short amount of time while the young boy slowly sunk down onto the floor, still being guided by warm hands for his body couldn't handle it's own weight anymore. Slumped on the soggy pavement Frank could feel his stomach clenching and a sickly feeling rose in his throat.

He quickly pushed Gerard off him, turned away and threw up and the gravely ground, the tiny stones sticking into his palms as he leaned over and puked for what seemed like forever.

Gerard leaned over him and patted his back softly, wiping away his own tears. Ray slowly approached the boys cautiously, took of his big, long black jacket and placed it over the young boys shoulders. When he stopped puking he whipped his mouth with his sleeve and looked his boyfriend straight in the eye for the first time since he had watched his dad die. The older boy could properly see the pure sorrow buried deep inside him and worried if he could ever remove it from the boy he loved.

Bob kneeled on the floor beside Frank. 'Come on bud. Let's get you home' Gerard and Bob picked him up and carried him too the car. Ray jumped in the front while the way brothers got in the back, Frank curled up on Gerard's lap, staring at the back of Bobs seat, not saying a word, Gerard slowly stroking his hair as the younger boys tears rolled down his cheeks and on to the floor.

Starry nights city lights coming down over me, Skyscrapers and stargazers in my head. Are we we are, are we we are the waiting unknown

Green day played softly through the speakers, the only noise apart from the rumble of the wheels and the on coming traffic. Frank stared straight into the seat in front of him without blinking, he started to sing softly.

'Are we we are, are we we are the waiting. And screaming.'

Gerard stroked his face and tucked the hair behind his small ear before kissing it and quietly joining in singing. After the song had finished Frank shuffled around and sadly smiled. 'I love it when you sing Gee.' Gerard titled his head and carried on stroking his hair behind his ear. 'Well I love you full stop. We'll get through this.' Frank then fell asleep in his arms.

The car rolled up to the house. Gerard carried the sleeping boy, bridal style, to the house. Mikey trailed behind him. Bob and Ray stepped out of the car. 'Phone us in the morning yeah..' Ray said worn out, looking at Mikey. Mikey nodded and sadly smiled before shutting the door behind him.

Mikey locked up and followed them down the hall way. He reached his door. 'Good night bro' He softly punched his arm. 'Night' he answered softly before opening his own door. He placed he small figure onto his bed before jumping in pulling the duet over over their bodies. 'Night beautiful' Gerard kissed his cheek before drifting off into a deep sleep.

The next morning Gerard woke up to an empty bed. He sat up and started panicking. He jumped out and ran down the hall 'FRANK!?' He dashed into the bathroom. Empty. Then into the living room. Frank was sat on the floor looking up at the tv, tear stained and broken.

'The 39 year olds body was removed from the river this morning. It was said to be suicide, the police are treating his death as non-suspicious.' The screen showed a video of the police pulling a body out of the river. It was obviously shot by a helicopter and zoomed in on the body. Frank just sat still. Gerard sat beside him. 'Frank, this isn't going to help, turn it off babe.' He shook his shoulder. Frank turned it off an sighed. 'He's dead, I have no mom or dad now.'

'But you have a Gran, three awesome friends and a loving boyfriend. It's going to be hell for a while but you will get through this, I promise.' The younger boy rested his head on the other boys shoulder. There was a silence. 'Can we have waffles?' Gerard giggled. 'Sure'

They cooked the waffles and shouted Gran and Mikey. Mikey had syrup, Gran had strawberries, Gerard had sugar with orange juice and Frank had Nutella. Life felt slightly back to normal. After breakfast Frank picked up Pansy for the first time in weeks and played his heart out. All the anger, sadness, hope and faith exploded on the neck and strings. Gerard's was mesmerised and started to sing along.

You're not in this alone

Let me break this awkward silence

Let me go, go on record

Be the first to say I'm sorry

Hear me out,

And if you take me down

Or would you lay me out

And if the world needs something better

Let's give them one more reason now, now, now

The words just flowed perfectly. They both grinned and knew they had created something special. 'We have to show the guys.' Gerard exclaimed.