if i could choose my dream,i just wanna stay right next to you

i just wanna stay right next to you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

eyes were already on naeun, as she stepped foot into the place she dreaded going every morning, starlight high.

although this was the place where she was going to fulfill her dreams of being a professional dancer, waking up extra early in the morning was never something she enjoyed doing.

she glares at her bestfriend, who runs up to her with a completely different energy.

"naeun!" namjoon stops in front of her with a huge grin plastered onto his lips, his eye smile brightening up the entire hallway.

every guy at starlight high was jealous of how namjoon could be so close with naeun, as he didn't seem like the type to be hanging around girls like her. but of course, he ignored those comments and didn't take them to heart.

or at least, that's what he thinks he does.

"how is it that you are so energetic in the morning?" naeun asks him as she opens her locker in a lazy fashion. the boy beside her shrugs, leaning against the locker next to her.

"i just wake up on the right side of the bed," he glances at her, "unlike some people."

namjoon looks with her with a cheeky smile, that disappears as soon as naeun flicks his forehead suddenly.

"ow!" he winces loudly in pain, looking at her with a pout. "what was that for?"

naeun finishes gathering her things, slamming her locker shut. "for not matching energy with me." she says, staring at namjoon's bright face with tired eyes.

"okay then," he clears his throat playfully, mocking naeun's tired expression. "aish, why do i always have to wake up at 6:30am in the morning? i swear i am going to kill someone." he whines like a baby.

naeun slaps him repeatedly, as he laughs hysterically. "i don't talk like that!" she pouts, as namjoon tries calms himself down.

once he does, he slings his arm around her shoulder. "let's get to class before mr.lee accuses you of robbing a store before you came here."

_

everyone was scattered into their own side conversations as the two bestfriends walked into the classroom.

once they were sat down at their respective seats, naeun overheard a conversation beside her.

"hey did you hear about the new guy that's joining the elite dance program?" one girl says, catching naeun's attention immediately.

raising an eyebrow, she turns to the girls holding the conversation. "out of all people, i should be the one who knows about this."

the girls look a bit surprised when naeun speaks. "you're one of the most famous elite dancers at this school, why don't you know?"

one of them say in a confused tone, and naeun just shakes her head simply. "i wasn't told."

"i heard he does modern dance and that he was a huge heartthrob back at his old school." another girl speaks up.

the girl places her hand under her chin, looking up at the ceiling as if dreaming. "he must be really handsome."

naeun scoffs, rolling her eyes.

of course, naeun was pretty and everything. everyone expects her to have a boyfriend because with looks like that, she'd obviously be with someone, right?

wrong.

naeun never believed in love, nor did she want to. when she was just a child, her father had cheated on her mother, which ended up in them divorcing. her father took her into custody, and they've never been on good terms since then.

that was why whenever she would flirt with a boy it would never be serious. anytime the boy thought he had a chance, it would be crushed because she'd leave them.

the only person who knew her truly and better than anyone else was, namjoon.

but everyone wonders, why couldn't she just have fallen in love with namjoon if he's the only person who knows her?