cover your eyes with my handsget closer to the secret

get closer to the secret

____________________________________

it was getting later at night, when naeun finally jumped into her bed and covered herself with as many blankets as she could find. once she did just that, she picked up her phone and dialed namjoon's number.

she held her phone to her ear, waiting patiently for a few moments before namjoon picked up.

"hello?"

"hey, joon."

"haha, hey. why did you call?"

"what do you mean, why? i always call you."

"ah, you're right."

"yea, anyway. i finished practice a while ago."

"oh, right! did you see that jimin guy again?"

"i did, and it was weird. i never really let anyone practice with me, but for some reason being around a dancer like him makes me want to show off."

"aigoo, here you go again with your cockiness."

"seriously, though! i hate to admit it but, jimin's actually a pretty good dancer...he could probably beat me for the solos and that's the first time anyone could do that in a while."

"just do like you always have, you know i'll always support you no matter what. besides, you're literally the teacher's favorite."

"i mean, yeah...you just never know. i just need to step my game up if i don't want jimin to beat me."

"wait, didn't you say you guys were duet partners?"

"yeah, why?"

"aish, don't you remember what happened to your last one?"

naeun's mouth closes shut in guilt when he mentions it. the last duet partner she had, which was a girl, she used to be the favorite. however, naeun kept trying to overthrow her in their duet choreography for the national competition and that ended up in her becoming the favorite and the other leaving the team.

the good news was, though, she's now on a swim team and she's winning gold medals. at least she had found something else she's better at.

"ugh...you already know how much i've apologized for that-"

"naeun. remember what i told you before?"

"true dancers are the most humble, and those who use their talent to overthrow others, aren't true dancers..."

"yes, exactly."

"i mean i get that but-"

"naeun, promise me."

"promise you...?"

"promise me you won't try anything stupid this time?"

"ugh...do i have to?"

"yes, you have to!"

"fine, fine! i promise, or whatever."

"good. you should head to sleep now, it's getting late."

"sleep is for the weak."

"so you're calling me weak now?"

"no...maybe."

"go to sleep, idiot."

"okay, idiot. hope the bed bugs bite!"

"hey you can't-"

naeun hangs up before namjoon could say his last words, letting out a mischievous laugh when she places her phone on her nightstand.

she enjoyed talking to namjoon during late night hours; they usually have long and deep conversations, not to mention his deep voice is soothing.

even though so many people constantly asked if they were more than friends, that never stopped the two from hanging around each other.

they didn't stick together like glue; they stuck together like super glue. namjoon keeps all of her secrets, and naeun keeps all of his.

but sometimes, there's more to someone than who they say they are.

_

the long awaited lunch break came by after what felt like a hundred years. or at least, that's how naeun described it as.

the bell didn't even finish ringing, and naeun was already dashing out of the classroom before anyone even got to comprehend that the period was over.

"food!" she practically screams, sprinting to the cafeteria and slamming both doors open.

the servers looked to her bewildered, but she ignored it as she flipped her hair behind her shoulder and kept walking, students rushing in behind her.

before she was even able to reach the servery, she's aggressively pulled away by the arm. "hey-" naeun's head spins around to see the person's face but she's only met with the back of their head, who appears to be a guy.

he ends up pulling her outside the cafeteria, but they both come to a stop when naeun flips the back of their head. "you bastard! if this is your way of trying to get my number, then i have some news for yo-"

the guy turns around with a pain on his face, and naeun's face drops to a scowl recognizing him.

"well, if it isn't park jimin." she crosses her arms, raising an eyebrow with attitude.

holding the back of his head, he narrows his eyes at her. "what was that for?"

she scoffs, "do you really think you can take away my only free opportunity of the day to finally eat some food? you must be crazy."

naeun turns around to walk away but is held back once again, and is pulled away farther this time when jimin grabs her arm

"what the fuck is wrong with yo-"

as she was about to curse him out, he places a finger on her lip, pulling her behind a row of lockers.

she tries to protest, but apparently his had super strong fingers.

once he let go, she swears at him again. "what are you trying to do, you asshole?"

naeun whisper shouts this time, taking the hint that jimin was keeping their conversation on the down low.

he lets out a sigh, shamed at himself for asking her out of all people to do this for him.

"i need you to do me a favor."