Chapter 5

Kelsey's POV

I woke up and did my normal thing since its Saturday Im gonna help with the local pet adoption fair. I went down  to the shelter to help set up for the fair.

"Good Morning Cooper family. Its nice that you guys are here." I say.

"Yeah just as reporters. Do your thing." Betty says.

"I will. I best be going. I gotta get these pets all clean and ready to go." I say.

"Even the cats?" Alice asks.

"Yeah. Their tricky, but I can handle it. We have others helping as well. Well I better get to work." I say.

"Good luck." Hal says.

I went to the back and one by one helped clean the animals. The last one to wash was my favorite one.

"Hey pal. You ready. Maybe today is your day." I say to Vegas.

After I washed him all the pets were ready to go. The adoption fair was in full swing and we had some visitors.

"Hey there Kels." Jughead says walking up with his family.

"Hey Jones family. What can I do for you?" I ask.

"Sadly its that time where we kinda need another Hot Dog." FP says.

"Oh of course." I say.

"And Kels not to be rude, but Vegas is just to big." Jughead says.

"Well I wasnt gonna bring you guys to him. Follow me." I say.

I walked them over to a dog who I thought was just love the Jones family and the serpents.

"Wow he is very lovely." Jellybean says.

"He is. He is tough one too. He actually was abounded somewhere outside Chicago. His family didnt want him and somehow he ended up here. He caused alot of trouble and was hard to capture. He is very slick and smart. Kinda like your family." I say.

"Well it does sound like its meant to be." Gladys says.

"So thats a yes?" I question.

"Yeah. Its a yes." FP says.

"Great I'll be right back." I say.

I helped them out and that sweet dog was adopted. The rest of the adoption fair was just fine except that Vegas once again wasnt adopted.

"Sorry Kels." Betty says.

I smiled softly and walked Vegas to his cage. I went down to his level and pet his head.

"Im sorry boy. Maybe next week. I promise I'll find you a home. You know what you were locked up all day lets go for a very slow long walk." I say.

I stood up and took him for a walk when I heard the sound of someone playing guitar. I looked at I saw Archie on his porch playing his guitar. Vegas then began to bark and Archie stopped and looked at us. I moved quickly when I heard Archie's voice.

"Kelsey, hey Vegas." Archie says and pets Vegas.

"We didnt mean to listen to you. Though what you were playing was beautiful. Different then what you normally play." I say.

"Thanks. Well you guys have a nice night." He says.

"Thanks. You too. Come on Vegas its time to get you back to the shelter." I say.

"He still has no home?" He asks.

"Not yet, but he will. I just know it. Well Goodnight Archie." I say.

"Goodnight Kelsey. Night Vegas." He says.

Archie's POV

I watched her leave and then my phone went off and it was Zoey again for the 12th time today.

Phone Call

Zoey: Hey baby can you come home now?

Archie: Not yet my mom is pretty set on her decision.

Zoey: Then tell Mary its your life not her's.

Archie: I dont think I can. Hey Im writing a new song. Its not what I normally write, but I like it.

Zoey: Archie dont be dumb. Stay with what works.

Archie: Well I think my fans will like it and maybe I'll even get a pet.

Zoey: Ew Arch. A pet. Are you crazy? Baby, no pets and no new music. Just do what works thats what makes you Archie Andrews.

Archie: Maybe your right.

Zoey: I am right. Well later baby.

End Phone Call.

Was she right? Should I stay in the same rut or should I try something brand new? I dont know what to do anymore and its only been a week back here in my hometown.

A/N: Hey guys do you like it? Let me know. Thanks.