three.

They arrive home and both Dustin and Max go inside the house. Kinsley goes into the kitchen, grabbing a packet of chips and joining the kids to play some game they Dustin liked. The house was full of laughter and conversation as she got to know Max better. What felt like minutes had turned into hours and it was time to take Max home.

Arriving at her house and Kinsley walks her to the door, she lets herself in and as she closes the door, Billy and Kinsley catch eyes. His features are imprinted in her brain as she drives home, his brown hair with their curls and blonde highlights. His big blue eyes with their hints of green. His full eyebrows and elegant lashes which contrasted with his strong jawline.

She tries to physically shake his face from her mind as she goes inside her own home.

...
The final bell rings and Kinsley makes my way outside quickly, to her surprise, Nancy is sitting on a bench by the car parks alone. As she approaches, her eyes are red and puffy, Kinsley sits down next to her, "You okay, Nancy?" She looks at her, placing her head in her hands and smushing her cheeks upwards.

"I'm just stressed, I skipped last class to come out here and just unwind. Sometimes I stress about things which I know are over but I just worry that they will come back." Kinsley puts her arm around her shoulder and squeezes slightly, they give each other a small smile.

"You know what always cheers me up?" Kinsley asks with a cheeky smile, moving her arm away and turning to face Nancy. She smiles, "What?"

"You can't tell a soul!" She nods enthusiastically with a confused smile on her face. Kinsley prepares to start singing placing her hand in a fist in front of her mouth like she is holding a microphone and starts slowly and dramatically, "Tonight, I'm gonna have myself a real good time! I feel ali-i-i-ive and the world I'll turn it inside out, yeah! And floating around in ecstasy!"

She giggles and Kinsley picks up the energy, making over-the-top gestures and facial expressions, "So don't stop me now! Don't stop me 'cause I'm having a good time, having a good time! I'm a shooting star, leaping through the sky like a tiger defying the laws of gravity! I'm a racing car, passing by like Lady Godiva! I'm gonna go, go, go! There's no stopping me!"

She starts dancing while still sitting down, Nancy has a huge smile on her face and is completely bracing that the girl sitting in front of her is trying so hard to cheer her up by doing what would usually make someone look like an idiot. Kinsley's act of kindness made her look beautiful to Nancy and helped her forget the last few months and everything to do with Demogorgon and Barb.

"I'm burning through the sky, yeah, two hundred degrees! That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit! I'm travelling at the speed of light! I wanna make a supersonic man out of you!" Kinsley points at her and she giggles again, enjoying herself immensely, "Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time! I'm having a ba-"

She is interrupted by an invading figure, making a face at Nancy and looking up to her left. There is Billy, standing behind them, highly amused. She looks back down at Nancy.

"Queen? Cool." He says smoothly while moving around the bench and placing himself down next to Kinsley. "Yeah... well... I was just. I don't need to explain myself to you."

She looks down, picking at her fingernails and looking back up to him, "What is it? Did you want something?" Her eyes widen, encouraging him to answer quickly as she now has no patience for Billy.

"Want to go to my place to do homework?"

She breathes out in a sort of laugh, "Excuse me, Bobby-"

"Billy."

"Well, doesn't that answer your question? I don't even know your name." Kinsley's eyes flick across his face taking in his features, she gives him an expectant look, once again waiting for him to answer.

"I don't care what you call me. So, not really." He says cheekily, speaking slowly.

"Well, then I choose to call you..." Kinsley looks up and sticks her tongue out slightly, thinking. She smiles slightly, "douchebag."

Billy smiles and chuckles slightly, nodding. He raises from the bench, hands in his front pockets and stands in front of Nancy and Kinsley, "Are you coming?"

She turns her body around to face him and cranes her neck to look up at him, sighing, "I thought my answer was clear to you but you obviously want me to spell it out. So, no. N. O. I decline your offer."

She speaks dramatically slow as he looks down shaking his head, smirking, amused by the little encounter. He looks up and meets her eye. Before winking at her, walking to his car and driving away.

*