Vytal Festival, Day 2

On the second day of the Vytal Festival, Reno was on his way to the CCT. He had worked late into the night trying to get it done in time and he did it. After all, Ozpin had asked him to try to get the defense code done before the doubles. As Reno moseys his way on over to the CCT, he thinks about his time here on Remnant. If someone had told him a few years prior to his death on Gaia that he would die and be sent to another world, he would have laughed in their face. But here he is, on a different world with friends and even a girlfriend. Reno was honestly surprised how quickly he and the others were able to fit in with teams RWBY and JNPR. A small smile stretches across his lips as he thinks about how Ruby confessed and asked him out after the sparring that team ZRVY had planned out. The small dates they had here and there flash across his mind as does the memories of the dance. Seeing Ruby in her cute little dress was something he wouldn't forget. However, the happy memories of Ruby switch to the more serious ones like Amber and what they were calling the Remnants of Sephiroth. He was curious if the Remnants were working with that masked lady that he and Ruby ran into in the CCT. He stops for a moment and draws the connection that the woman that he and Ruby confronted was probably one of the people that attacked Amber which meant something a lot more sinister was going on during the Vytal Festival.

Pulling out his Scroll, Reno texts his revelation that he had to Ozpin. He then jogs the rest of the way to the CCT and gets in. He taps his foot impatiently as the elevator takes its time getting to the top of the tower. When he finally gets there, Reno shows his Scroll ID to one of the CCT employees. After checking that Reno's permission was legit, the employee hands the Scroll back to the redheaded ex-Turk. Reno goes over to where the masked lady's Scroll had been and puts in his own. After overriding some of the permissions, Reno downloads his defense code onto the computer of the CCT. He does some typing to get it started after it downloads. He watches the screen carefully as the defense code slowly searches through all the memory to find the bugs that the masked woman's virus had left. The redhead huffs a bit as the code was taking longer than he hoped it would. He taps his foot anxiously as he watches it work. He was startled out of his intense focus upon the program when one of the CCT employees tapped his shoulder. Looking over, he notices that the employee was offering a cup of coffee and the redhead took the cup gratefully. He takes a sip of the coffee and goes back to watching the program.

"You're Reno Sinclair, right?" the CCT employee asks. Reno side glances at them. The employee was a Faunus and if Reno had to guess, a bald eagle based upon the white feathers that were in place of hair upon the employee's head. There were sharp golden eyes and the nose had a sharp hook. The employee was male and Reno also noticed brown tail feathers sticking out from the long jacket that the Faunus wore.

"Yup," Reno says, popping the p. "Who are you?"

"Jett Libertalus," The newly named Jett says. He holds out a hand to be shook and Reno noticed some brown feathers along the ulna side of his arm. Reno grasps Jett's hand and shakes it.

"Nice to meet ya. What can this simple student do for you today?" Reno asks before taking a sip of his coffee. Jett chuckles.

"You and I both know that you are no simple student, Reno. The fact that you were able to make a program for the situation that works almost perfectly is not a common trait amongst you younger folk - especially Hunters," Jett says.

"Well, what can I say yo? Everyone's got their peculiar little traits," Reno chuckles. Jett puts a hand on Reno's shoulder.

"You've got a lot of potential. I wouldn't be surprised if you get recruited into one of those secret service like groups with your skill set - programming, combat, useful Semblance and from what I've heard from Oz, your ability to analyze and make connections quickly," Jett says. Reno managed to hold back a snort cause that's EXACTLY what he did before he died. He just smirks at Jett.