2- The Mystery

Both countries were walking through the thick woods. They were searching for a safe place to stay.

"It's just like I remember" America said looking at the sky. "Да. I agree" the tallest country replied to the comment.

They kept walking, and made it to a city. At least the remains of one. Buildings were covered with plants, broken windows, walls about to fall. They were the remains of what was left behind.

America had ran off, looking for food at a McDonald's. Who knows what he was expecting to find on the ruins of a 100 year-old McDonald's.
Instead of finding food, he had found a deer. "Russia! Come over here!" The country whispered-yelled to the taller one.

The country came by his side and watched. "It's a deer! Iook!" America pointed at the deer.

America tried to get closer and broke a branch that alarmed the animal. The deer looked at them, it had two faces. The happiness from both countries was gone and backed away slowly.
The deer ran away, and wasn't seen again. America and Russia continued looking for a safe place to stay.

----+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+----

I woke up, and ate some of the leftovers. "I must leave" I whispered to myself.

I packed some berries, some drinks, arrows and my bow. Then I left my home, the map helped me to get around the places, even if things were burried ten feet below the surface it was still helpful.

I crossed a bridge that led to the closest city. I had visited that place millions of times, most of the things I got were from there.

A tree that had fallen over a tilted building years ago. It still was alive and now it was all bushy, I used it to get inside the building. Since the original doors were burried deep down below, I used the tree as a ladder.

After I climbed the tree, I used the stairs and went to the top of the building.
I looked at the view. There were only remains of what was once civilization. I liked to wonder how it was before everyone left.
The pictures I looked at, seemed that they enjoyed their lives. Whoever they were, they had a great life until the bombs were detonated.

I took out a pencil and a sketchbook, and started sketching the view. I saw two figures moving, they were near the lake. I thought those were creatures, but no.

They were heading towards the lake, that's the last place anyone would like to go. At least to me.

I went down and followed them, they were talking to someone else that wasn't with them.

"How are you guys doing?" An unknown voice spoke, it didn't sound natural.
"Germs. We just saw a deer with two faces, radioactivity might still be active" one of them replied.

Then, the one with sunglasses took off his suit. And jumped into the water.

Out of nowhere, the sunglasses guy was suddenly dragged. His friend was yelling at him. I wasn't going to let the guy die.

I got out from my hiding spot, silently approached the tall guy.

"Oh my lord, he's giant" I thought as I got closer.

Of course I'm not going to let him see me, that's why I knocked him out. I don't even know how but I did it. But anyway, back to saving the guy in danger.

I jumped into the water and grabbed him. I swam back to the shore, the snake left because we were out of the water.
He was fine, sadly, I don't know him. And I did the same thing that I did with the other guy, knock the hell out of him.

"Well, I just lost my day off" I said as I looked at the two guys.

I grabbed the clothes from the guy and put them in my backpack. I grabbed his sunglasses, to my surprise he had black eyes.

"Woah... They look like mine" I placed his shades on my backpack. "Just that they're darker, mine are gray"

•=Time Skip=•

After going back and forth from the lake to all the way to my house, I finally was done.

The tall guy, he was heavy. And was the most difficult to carry, but I made it. I felt proud.

.
..
...
..
.

America's POV

I woke up, and looked around me. "Where am I?" It was a cozy home, it was dark and light was produced thanks to some candles placed around.

I soon realized that I was in a bed. My right leg was bandaged. I didn't have my shades on, I turned my head and there they were, nicely placed above my clothes that were folded neatly. I grabbed my shades and put them on. I also got into my clothes, I was only on shorts.

I saw Russia laying down in the couch He was asleep.

"Hey, Russ" I whispered. "Psst" he didn't say anything.

I stood up and slapped him. "yo! Russ! Wake up!"

He fell from the couch, but woke up. "Why did you do that!?" He sat down and looked at me.

"Where are we?" Russia said as he looked around. "I don't know, but we need to investigate" I said. He stood up and found stairs. I followed him.

Everything was dark, it was clear that it was night. There were two places were light was coming from.

The first place was from upstairs, were Russia and I came from. The second place was from the entrance, and someone was outside.

----+---+---+---+---+---∆---+---+---+---+---+----

No one's POV

Canada was alone in his room, looking at pictures of his brother. He was alone, but pretty happy because he was also eating pancakes with maple syrup.

"Canada, mon fils" a woman sat next to him.
Canada looked at her and smiled, he turned his head and looked at a picture of his brother.

"Do you think he's alright? We lost contact with them." He asked to his mother.

"Oui, he'll make it" France patted his back. He smiled.

He just wanted to see his brother again. It had been almost two days without any signal from him or Russia.

~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~
Published: August 1, 2019.

A/n- I think this is not good enough, but I hope you enjoyed it. And sorry if there are any mistakes.

Chapter approved by sister. (She wouldn't let me publish this if I didn't add that.)