Chapter 2: Bon Appetit

☆ Mechagodzilla
Loud fanfare resonated. The Kaiju Phone screen shone with bright colors. Titanosaurus' dropped phone rolled across the fountain and stopped as it hit the statue of the mermaid. It fell down with the screen facing upwards. A band of light shone from the screen. It converged and created an image. It was pink in color with dorsal plates shaped as hearts. It floated and bounced around, and it was also see-through.
Stereoscopic.
"Hello Kaiju Girls! Greetings! Good morning! Good evening! I'm the Mascot Character in charge of the Monster Girl Raising Project! Godzilly, Pon!"
The sharp synthetic voice sounded like a child. For some reason that caused nausea to stir up. Mechagodzilla raised her eyebrows. Titanosaurus did too. King Caesar did too. Biollante did too. Mechagodzilla asked the nausea-inducing stereoscopic image named Godzilly a question,
"What... is this? What's going on?"
"Monster Girl Raising Project is a training simulation for active duty Kaiju Girls, as well as a sorting algorithm for new Kaiju Girl candidates, Pon! The experiences you receive in this virtual space will feedback into reality, Pon! You've all been chosen from a strict selection process to become test players, Pon!"
"Virtual space? This isn't the real world?"
"Correct! The Kaiju Trace System makes everything you feel indistinguishable from reality, plus it produces realistic graphics as well, that's Monster Girl Raising Project's selling point, Pon!"
"Is this really a game?"
"It really is, Pon! No lies there, Pon!"
"It's not just Kaiju power?"
"It's a game made with Kaiju power, Pon!"
Although she was surprised, she pretended to be calm. Even though this was supposed to be a game, other than the outlandish situation they're in, reality seemed to be overflowing. The dusty moldiness of the desolate buildings, the sunlight glaring mercilessly, the feeling that they had when they hit the skeletons, the ground that she's definitely standing on. All of them seemed real. And yet, skeletons sprang out of the ground, sprawling wastes spread across the horizon, buildings that had the exact same cracks. That can only ever happen in games.
"Hey listen here! We never gave you our consent, you sex beast!"
"I'm a little worried about all this..."
Biollante and Titanosaurus both got closer to their Kaiju Phones, but because the mascot was stereoscopic, they couldn't even grab her collar. She didn't even have a collar in the first place.
Titanosaurus and Biollante had more complaints. Being taken away without any warning, fighting with skeletons, being ordered to head towards this Town. There was no shortage of complaints.
"Now now, settle down and listen calmly please, Pon!"
Even though he was being pressed, the mascot character stayed calm. His facial expressions hasn't changed. As opposed to Mechagodzilla's partner mascot, Godzilly. A small bewildering lizard that changed expressions almost exaggeratedly. This wasn't the same kind of mascot at all.
"Since time is compressed, it doesn't interfere with your real lives. For now, when 3 days have passed in-game, only a moment will have passed in real life, Pon! Also, don't worry, the Kaiju Skills that you can use in real life can also be used in-game normally. There's absolutely no danger at all, Pon! Since there's no rez spells, extra lives, or save points, everything ends when you Game Over, Pon! But don't worry, your real body will be safe and sound, Pon!"
"No, I get what you're saying, but why'd you force us here without permission?"
"Well, you all know how unreasonable the Land of Monsters can be sometimes, Pon. Because the Land of Monsters is unreasonable, even their abilities can become unreasonable too... I think. Maybe the trigger or key to it is to have them participate without consent, Pon."
Godzilly continued to talk about the things that she thought she knew.
"But since this is an official test of the Land of Monsters, there's no need to worry, Pon! The Area Clear rewards are amazing, the participation awards are also amazing! Future generations will thank you all later, Pon. But since this is a secret game, you're not allowed to talk about to anyone but your fellow players... But since you're all still Kaiju Girls, you've all learned how to keep secrets! It's easy, Pon! That's why you're participating now, Pon! The others like you have already started the game, Pon!"
Godzilly looked at Mechagodzilla, Titanosaurus and King Caesar also looked at her. Biollante as well.
I have to protect these girls, thought Mechagodzilla.