Meine Liebe

"What did she say?"

As soon as Itachi entered the living room, the question was thrown his way. He glanced up from his phone screen to look at his younger brother, sitting on the couch; turned back to look at him.

The TV screen showed another Teen Drama. Itachi grinned. "Why do you want to know?" he asked.

Sasuke frowned. He hated when his brother was coy. "Because-she's my teacher."

"Normally kids don't give a damn what their teacher says to their guardians." Itachi said coming over to sit on the couch as well, taking off his shoes.

A text lit up his screen and he smiled looking at it. "Itachi, stop avoiding the question." Sasuke said with gritted teeth when his brother ignored him for a text.

"Where's mom?" Itachi asked instead.

"Friend's home. Food's there if you want."

"Nah."

"Now answer the damn question." Sasuke said, punching him in the arm. Itachi noted his interest with a smirk.

"Jeez, don't get your knickers in a twist. Fine I'll tell you." He said, turning to his brother fully. "Ms. Hyuga said and I quote He's a perfectly good kid with goals."

"Alright." Sasuke said turning away and looking at the TV screen again. Itachi rolled his eyes at his brother before turning back to his phone.

Sometimes, Sasuke acted so weird about some things.

________

Sasuke walked back to his room after a while, his heart still pounding.

He'd waited all day for Itachi to come home after the meeting so he could know what Hinata-Ms. Hyuga-he forced himself to correct, told his brother.

Good kid with goals.

Being called a kid by her left a sour taste in his mouth. It made him frustrated. Angry. He was 17. She was only 6 years older than him.

And he also felt disappointed. He'd hoped for something more elaborate from her than good kid with goals.

But it's something, he told himself. He'd get there.

He groaned. He was acting like a fucking idiot. But that's what he usually acted like when it came to her.

Hyuga Hinata, or Ms. Hyuga had joined the high school when Sasuke had been a sophomore. And she'd made his (and probably a lot of other boys') heart(s) beat fast.

He had been instantly smitten. The cool boy, who gave no cares about anything. Smitten. By a teacher!

He'd never told anyone. But his secret feelings had only grown when she'd been assigned their homeroom teacher. She was so kind, and gentle and...beautiful. She was too good for this world.

The way she was patient with everyone, even him, made him respect her even more. She never seemed to quit. And she was strong. And Sasuke knew she was it.

He wanted her. More than he'd ever wanted anything in the world.

He knew how absurd things like this sounded. How stupid it was. But he couldn't help it. He didn't care for anything else-anyone else.

And though she treated him like a kid, as her student....he knew she would come around. She just had to. He just had to graduate high school and then-it wouldn't matter.

Sometimes, he thought she knew. What he was doing. What he was trying to do. But she always brushed it off and he was never sure. But if she did know-all his subtle not so subtle attempts-could she just acknowledge him already.