Drabble

Pale skin, lavender eyes and a kind smile. The top attributes Hinata Hyuga would be defined by. Her indigo hair contrasted beautifully with her complexion and her blush just made you swoon because how cute can someone get?

Everyone adored her.

Everyone.

Except for maybe Sasuke Uchiha. Who loved to annoy her instead. They'd been that way since they were kids. Family friends. They'd had the same schools since forever and now they were in the same college.

Coincidentally? No. They were both studying business and this was the top college for that.

"Hyuga, you're embarrassing yourself." He smirked when he saw the tiny object of his merciless teasing trying to get a book from the top shelf of the library.

She just turned around to send a withering look his way before she turned to try again. Sasuke laughed inwardly as he walked up to her in three strides and took the book off the shelf easily.

"Do you really want this book so bad?"

"Yes! Now give it."

"Now why would I do that? I took it off the shelf fair and square."

"You don't even want to read it." She said, crossing her arms as she faced him.

"I give you the book, you go out on a date with me." He offered her again, with a smirk. She huffed angrily.

"Listen here Uchiha! I don't know what conquest or dare you try to accomplish whenever you ask me out. I don't want to go out with you. We hate each other. So give me the book and leave me alone."

Sasuke raised his brows at her out burst as she tried to snatch the book from his hands. He raised it above his head. Good-luck getting it now. She barely reached his shoulders, let alone his head.

"So that's a no?" he asked in a mock tone, taking the book away.

"I'm warning you-"

"What's up Hinata?" Naruto's voice interrupted them and Sasuke almost growled.

"Nothing. Uh Hi Naruto." Hinata said with a shy smile. "Just-trying to take the book from Sasuke."

"Eh?" Naruto asked, snatching it abruptly from Sasuke and handing it to her. She practically glowed.

"Bastard, we're going to be late meeting the guys. Come on." Naruto told him. "See ya Hina."

"Y-yeah." Hinata said with that awed look on her face. Sasuke sighhed.

"Let's go." he told Naruto. He didn't look back towards her as he walked off. Someday soon Hyuga, he told himself, Soon.

_________

Author notes: This drabble is something i wrote out of nowhere when inspiration struck me full force. And it's for the prolonged absence. College has me beat. Anyways, those of you who're sticking around...stay with me.

You might be wondering what the hell I'm doing, updating random one-shots instead of the stories i should be updating *cough love me lights out cough*. That would be a good question, actually. But, i'm just so unsure about my whole plot. It just needs time.

But I'm not giving up. At all. So let me know if you're still around and with me. Until next time.