Chapter 12

-Back at school-

Locker 127 starts to shake and light up. All of a sudden, the locker door flies open and "flying" out of the locker comes the group. They all tumble onto each other, dog piling in the hallway. The locker shuts close and they all stand up.

"We made it!" Avery says happily.

"You did it Lucas!" Sabrina says giving him a big hug.

Lucas starts to blush.

"Me? No, we did it," Lucas says with a big smile.

Everyone returns a smile and starts to grab their stuff. The bell rings, ending the school. They all walk together out of the school. Suddenly, Bethany stops them all.

"Guys, thank you for an awesome day or days? Not really sure but thank you. I'll never forget it," she says. "Wanna do it again sometime soon?" she adds.

"Of course!" they all say.

"But let's hope next time I don't have to wear pink shorts," Max says.

Everyone laughs and then separates, walking to their buses or cars with big smiles on their faces.

"Oh yeah, Smiles," Max says on the bus.

"What now Max," Lucas says.

"I still have the gold coins," Max says pulling them out of his pants pocket.

Lucas shakes his head and puts his hands over his face. Max sits there and laughs.

"What Smiles?" Max says still laughing.

The buses drive away from Golden State High School. Today was not like any other first day of school, I'll tell you that for sure. Locker 127, the time traveling locker, shuts down for the day, waiting for the group's next big adventure. What adventure is in stock for them next time?