Chapter 4

-On the island-

*Cough, cough, cough*

Everyone opens their eyes and realize that they are on the beach of the lost island. They all, slowly, begin to stand up and start to wipe the sand and seaweed off them. 

"Ew! Why is there seaweed on me!" Bethany screams.

"We got washed up," Jet explains to Bethany.

"The boat!" Avery says pointing to the right at a broken sailboat that was also washed up on the side of the beach.

"It really worked. And the scientists said there is no such thing of time travel," Corey says joyfully.

"Our clothes. They changed," Riley says. Everyone looks down at their new clothes.

"Pink shorts?! Really?" Max says.

"These are the least of our problems people," Lucas says.

Everyone turns around and gives Bethany a weird look.

"What did I do?" she asks confused.

"How did you know about our plan?" Jet asks her.

Sabrina and Avery look at Riley, annoyed.

"I didn't do anything!" Riley says, not wanting to take any of the blame.

"You were going to tell her. Thank god Sabrina and I covered your freaking mouth in time," Avery blurts out.

"What?" Lucas says loudly, looking at Riley.

"When did that happen?" Corey asks, staying calm.

"I came over and asked them what they were talking about," Bethany says. "I wanted to see what RILEY was talking about with them. So, when class ended, I hid and watched you guys open the locker and portal up," she explains.

"Stalker...," Max says under his breath.

"Well...now we're here," Jet says, trying to make everyone happy again.

"It's the first day of the three day journey," Sabrina adds.

"We can survive if we just work together. Who's in?" Lucas says putting his hand out in front of everyone. They all add their hand to the pile.

"Perfect! Here's the plan," Lucas says. "Since there are eight of us, we will split up into two groups. Max, Avery, Sabrina and I will be group one and we'll go and see what we can collect from the boat ruin. Corey, Jet, Riley and Bethany will be group two and they will start building the shelter," Lucas explains as everyone listens in.

"Great idea Smiles! Let's break off and get to work!" Max says getting into the spirit.

 -Group One-

"Let's see what we can find here," Sabrina says beginning to search.

"Hopefully there's something good," Max says lifting a broken piece of wood up. They all search, looking for anything that would help them on this journey.

-Meanwhile, Group Two-

"What should we build?" Bethany asks grabbing sticks off the ground.

"I was thinking teepees or those huts they make on that survival tv show," Corey says.

"Great ideas," Riley says with a smile.

They all fill their arms with sticks, vines and branches. Once their arms are full, they all walk out of the depths of the jungle, back to the beach. Both groups meet back up there.

"What did you find?" Jet asks as he puts down the branches and sticks he collected.

"I found a few cans of soup, some matches, an old pot and this canteen," Sabrina says placing her stuff down on the beach.

"I got a compass, this big old worn out blanket and a small first aid kit," Lucas says.

"A tarp and a map of the island, looks like a piece is missing though," Avery says, adding her stuff to the pile.

"I got a watch!" Max says smiling and holding the old watch up for everyone to see his find.

"Nice finds you guys and Max I guess," Corey says. "How about we start building?" Corey adds. Everyone starts building a huge hut together. The sun beats down on all of them.