Chapter 10

-After the long spooky corridor and some turns(thanks to Max)-

They all walk into a small room. Juno jumps off of Max's shoulders and runs towards a large statue in the front of them. He sits next to it.

"Toltec! Is that you?" Jet asks walking closer to the statue.

The statues eyes open, making everyone jump back a little bit. The eyes fill up with the color green.

"Hello travelers! It is I, Toltec. I see you've found me and my treasure," the statue says.

"Yes?" Corey says.

"Is he spooking anyone else out?" Avery asks aloud.

"Me!" Riley, Sabrina and Bethany all say running and hiding behind the boys.

"Don't be scared of me! I'm a nice statue! Take my treasure at your own risk," Toltec says.

"At our own risk?" Sabrina says from behind Lucas.

Everyone turns around and looks at each other puzzled. The corridor they came out of starts to shut behind them, opening a treasure chest filled with gold in front of them. Max starts to walk towards the chest without anyone in the group noticing.

"Now I'm even more terrified," Riley says wrapping her arms around Corey's waist.

"He's gonna kill us all!" Bethany shouts shaking.

"I don't think so," Corey says.

"Everyone, calm down," Jet says.

"How can we be calm!" Avery says.

The girls all hug each other in a circle, terrified. No one noticing, Max grabs a few gold coins from the chest. Lucas quickly turns around, noticing Max grabbing the coins.

"MAX! NO!" Lucas yells at the top of his lungs.

"I warned you young travelers!" Toltec says. "Juno, you know what to do," he adds.

"What's a monkey gonna do to us?" Max says looking/talking to the group.

The group stands there in shock.

"Look," Avery says grabbing Max and turning him around.

Max stands there in shock. Right in front of their faces, Juno the innocent and little monkey turned into Juno the fierce and scary warrior guard.

"JUNO! GET THEM!" Toltec yells.

"RUN!!!" Lucas shouts.