Chapter 1

It's the first day of school at Golden State High School in sunny, sunny Los Angeles, California. Everyone is excited to see their friends again and catch up on what's happening. Seniors smiling, Juniors jumping and Sophomores singing. Freshmen being freshmen, they are fearing on the inside and out of what high school has to bring. A boy with dirty blonde hair, named Lucas Miles, is doing the opposite of fearing. Instead, he walks off the bus grinning with glee as he enters the high school.

"Lucas!," a blonde haired girl named Sabrina shouts running towards him and embraces him into a big hug..

"Hey Sabrina. How was your summer?," he asks, breaking the embrace.

"Great! How about yours?," she responds.

"Good. Have you found the others yet?," Lucas asks Sabrina as he looks around the main lobby of the school to see if can find anyone.

"No not yet, but I mean...I found you!," Sabrina says with a laugh. Lucas laughs along with her.

*RRRRIIIINNNNGGGG*

Kids start to rush to homeroom. Freshmen run off, not wanting to be late for homeroom on the first day while, on the other hand, the Seniors casually stroll without a care on what's happening around them.

"Looks like that's the bell for homeroom," Sabrina says.

"Yup. Hopefully we have some classes together," Lucas says.

"Hopefully we do. Well, I guess I'll see you sometime later Lucas," Sabrina says smiling.

"You too Sabrina," Lucas says back, with a smile.

The two of them wander off into the sea of high schoolers, in pursuit of finding their homerooms. Right on time, before the second bell rings, they make it to their homerooms. School has officially started at Golden State High. The students get their new schedules, nervously looking at them wondering if they got good teachers and hoping that their friends are in their classes with them.

"Good morning students!," Mrs. Lawrence, the principal, announces over the intercom, "and welcome back to school. Just like every school day here at Golden State High, there will be eight class periods and four lunch waves. Seniors will go first, Juniors second, Sophomores third and Freshmen last," she says.

The students cheer or boo, in their homerooms, according to what lunch they have.

"That's all for today. I hope everyone has a great first day of school!," Mrs. Lawrence says turning off the intercom. Right as she turns it off, the bell rings for first period. Everyone rushes out of their homerooms and heads off to their first period.