One

November 12
friday morning
9:18 a.m.

Pippa dropped her reading glasses on the her side table. It was day two of a four day weekend in Philadelphia without Lin. She was supposed to be relaxing with her girls, but all she could think about was work. "I'm not going to get this part, stuck here," she groaned. Jasmine rolled her eyes and snatched Pippa's script from her fingers.

"You already have the part. It's yours. A week away from the theater, a month before previews, isn't going to kill you," the actress said as their older friend, Renée, came into the common space in her robe.

"Umm, ladies, where are your robes? Did we forget that we have massages scheduled downstairs in ten minutes?" she asked, taking a seat on the couch. "I didn't leave my kids and husband to sit around a room doing nothing. I mean I did, but that was yesterday's task. Today is a new day!" She cheered. Jasmine nodded.

"Right. If I wanted to watch someone run lines, I could've stayed home with Ant," Jasmine added. A groan left Phillipa's lips as she grabbed her robe, watching Jasmine drop her script on the table. Her friends were right. She had time before filming to rehearse. Jeanine was her character and no one was going to take that from her.

9:22 a.m.

Clouds loomed over New York City as Prudence "Rue" Annika Miller sat in her science class taking notes. While the other kids snuck text and copied homework, her phone was nonexistent, and so were her friends. Most kids didn't want to associate with the girl who's brother killed their parents. And most teachers assumed that her grades would slip, but in true Miller fashion, Rue suppressed her pain to take care of business. School was her business, not the hatred and betrayal she felt for her brother.

Class moved slowly for the sixteen year old. Today was harder for some reason. She couldn't quite place the meaning behind the dark cloud in her brain, but she knew it was something that needed to go away if she had any chances of acing her next test.

Philadelphia

After a massage that the actress could have done without, the best friends sat around the table in their room eating brunch. "That was a waste of money," Pippa muttered stabbing into her salad.

"Sorry, guys," Jasmine murmured. "It said they were professionally trained," she tried. Renée shook her with a short grin.

"Who knew professionally trained meant a single internet course," she joked, taking a sip of her mimosa. "At least, the food is good," Renée complimented. Pippa dropped her fork on her plate and laid back in her cloth chair backing.

"I can't eat anymore, I'm tired and full," she announced. Jasmine and Renée looked at the barely touched plate.

"So, are we just gone act like she didn't take three bites?" Jasmine asked. Pippa glanced at the plate and shrugged.

"Are you feeling okay, suga?" Renée asked, going into momma mode. Pippa nodded and flipped her hair over her shoulder.

"You want me to be honest?" Pippa prepped, raising her eyebrows. "Let's see, I have had a migraine for the past several days. Umm, I'm cramping with no period in sight. My husband is always busy. And I'm in a show that I love, but has no shot of making it in the commercial sector. So no, suga, is not feeling okay," Pippa finally expressed. Jasmine and Renée stared at their friend for a moment. They could see it. Her eyes were low, her smile had disappeared, she was exhausted.

"Why don't we pack up and take this vacation back to New York. I have an idea that might put some normalcy back into your life," Renée suggested. With every on in agreement, the woman started to pack up.