Chapter 4 - Club Invite

The next morning I didn’t speak to my dad and went straight to school hoping Jake would be there to brighten my mood, I got to school without saying good-bye to dad when he had said it to me.

“Hey Rose” Sj said as soon as she saw me

I walked over to my friends “hey g-“

“Rose! Over here!” I heard Jake yell

Chloe, Rebecca, Sj and I all look confused “did he mean me!?” I asked

They all nodded and pushed me over to Jake. Jake ran his hands through his brown hair like actors do in a sexy way, he was perfect! I stared into his beautiful green eyes.

“Hey Jake” I smiled staring into his eyes

“You busy this tonight?” Jake asked smiling revealing his perfect white teeth

I was busy, I had to pack my things for my new school. But that can wait till another time “Um, not really. Why’s that?”

“Good! Because you’re coming with me to a club” he stated leaning again a pole

“Which club?” I asked looking at his hair

“You’ll see, I’ll pick you up at seven okay?” he said grabbing his bag and smiled one more time

I just nodded as he walked away and I went back over to the girls, they were smiling and I could tell they wanted to know every word!

“What happened? Tell us everything!” Chloe shrieked

“Uh, well. He’s picking me up tonight and we’re going to a club, well I think” I blushed

Chloe, Rebecca and Sj all screamed “shhh!” I said overing Chloe and Sj’s mouth (because they were screaming the loudest). Everyone around was staring probably wondering why they were screaming.

Later that day I went home with Chloe, she was going to help me pick out an outfit for tonight. I saw dad as I walked in and frowned then went up to my room.

“Hello Mr. Mira” Chloe said politely and waving

“Hi Chloe, what are you girls up to?” dad asked

“I’m helping Rose pick and outfit for tonight” Chloe looked at me

I shook my head, I didn’t want dad knowing anything! “What’s happening tonight?”

“Uh… we… I… I’m taking Rose to a club with me” Chloe bit her lip

“I’m not so sure that’s a good idea ladies” dad said standing up

“Dad stop! Could you make my life any worse? I just want to hang out with Chloe alright? I’m going to the club and I’ll be back later tonight or in the morning!” I yelled grabbing Chloe’s arm and walking up the stairs.

I opened my door and waited till Chloe stepped in and slammed the door shut, Chloe sat on my bed and I could tell she wanted to know why I said that.

“He’s replaced mum and I’m moving schools” I said putting my bag on the ground

“A stepmother?” Chloe asked and I nodded at her “I’m moving too, I have to board at Mark Davidson State High!”

A smile came across my face “me too!”

After talking about the new school and what my stepmother might be like we had to get ready, I only had one hour to get ready!

Chloe went through my clothes while I went downstairs to have a shower, dad was on his computer probably paying bills and didn’t even acknowledge me. After my shower I rushed upstairs to see what Chloe had picked out, she handed me an almost dark blue dress with golden (fake obviously) chains for the straps and dark blue strappy wedges.

I heard the doorbell ring and realised dad was going to answer it if I didn’t get down there in time!

I raced downstairs and opened the door to see Jake wearing tight black jeans with a loose maroon singlet and marron vans with black edges, his hair spiked up like he has it every day.

“Hey” he said leaning again the door frame

I smiled “hi, re–“

“Rose, who’s this?” dad was behind me

SHIT! I would never be allowed out of this house again! Chloe came down and put her hand on my shoulder

“Mr. Mira, this is Jake… He’s also coming with us” Chloe smiled winking at Jake and I

Dad frowned “is this your boyfriend Chloe?”

“Uh, well…” Chloe stuttered

“Yes, she’s my girlfriend” Jake said playing along

Dad nodded and turned slightly “well, have–“

“Bye” I snapped at dad

Chloe followed us out to Jake’s car “do you need us to take you home?” Jake asked Chloe

Chloe shook her head “Sj and Rebecca are picking me up around the corner, but just to convince Mr. Mira… am I able to get a lift?”

Jake nodded and opened the door for Chloe and I, then walked around to the driver’s side and started the car.

Hey guys! I updated today because I have an athletics event day tomorrow (Friday) and an athletics dinner that same night till late and I wouldn't have been able to update! I hope you like my books so far, I'll be writing another soon and I'll also be writing a combined with 'dont-even-care'

Please go follow her, read her book and vote. Thanks!