Chapter 8 - The Crash

I ended up convincing Jake to go with his mum so she wouldn’t be lonely, but who would I take with me now? Probably no one. I went back to dad’s house and charged in and stormed up to my room, I heard more giggling from… from… what was her name again? I don’t remember, but I heard more giggles from ‘stepmonster’. I went into my room, everything was the same. I got everything I could into any bag I could find, I used my old school bags, suitcases, sports bags, handbags and (I think you get the point).

The giggling stopped. I could hear dad coming into my room. SHIT!

“What are you doing here?” dad said holding the door

Jeez dad! Thanks for making me feel welcome “getting my stuff”

‘Where are you going?” dad said letting go of the door and leaning against the doorframe

I shook my head and continued packing, ignoring dad.

“Where are you going!” dad yelled

I zipped up my bags and put them on my bag and carried the others “somewhere” 

I walked quickly downstairs to the car and put all bags in, I think dad went back to his room. I got in the car and I saw the front door open, dad and stepmonster came out.

“Get out of the car!” dad yelled running over to the car

I locked the doors and shook my head

“Please” dad begged

I felt bad, he was my dad after all. I could feel a tear welling up but I fought it back.

Dad rested his head against the window “I need to tell you something” he said looking up

I kept my head down at the steering wheel and nodded my head, hoping dad knew that I meant ‘tell me’.

“You’re going to be an older sister” he smiled

I frowned and started the car, I through the nearest thing at the window dads head was on (I through a metal object that was sitting on the passenger seat), dad’s head shot up and he looked mad. I wouldn’t blame him, I’m taking his car and cracked the window. I put my foot down on the pedal and the tyres screeched, I put the radio on trying to get my mind off everything. The only thing playing was some classical music or ads, I turned the radio off and started crying. After 20 minutes of crying I turned the radio back on again, flicking through the channels. I heard a honk from another car, my head shot up and that was when everything went black. My body shot forward and my head hit something hard, the car was spinning in circles and everything went blurry. I felt the car’s airbags go off, I could hear scream from someone else. Then everything went black, I could hear nothing.

{Jake’s POV}

I ran into the room, I saw her laying there. Motionless. Silent. Her eyes weren’t opening, I walked over the side of the bed slowly, I rested my hand on her arm being careful not to bump the needles. I looked over at the small black screen, a green line went up making a beeping noise. A nurse walked in and checked everything

“Will she be ok?” I asked concerned

The nurse didn’t say anything and just stared at me “will she be ok!” I yelled

The nurse nodded “for now” then she left the room

I stayed at the hospital for 4 nights waiting for Rose to wake up, my parents tried to get me to go back to school but I wasn’t going back until Rose’s eyes opened. Sj, Rebecca and Sarah came to visit every day after school was over. They would stay the night but only on weekends.