Chapter VI

He fell face first scratching his arms and knees badly. Stunned by the sudden action he almost forgot about the car, it would have hit him, had it not been someone pulling him back just in time. It was Clara she was with our neighbours daughter.

"You alright, Charles", she sounded genuinely worried.

"I am fine just a little zoned out", I said trying to hide my embarrassment and fear o f this new event.

"Why were you running so hard", she asked.

"I left something at home for James birthday", I lied, I wasn't ready to tell her what happened she had nothing to do with this and I would never put her life in danger.

"Did you see anyone else behind me, I mean when I fell", I asked trying not to sound strange.

"No, just that you were running at full speed and tripped. You were lucky Charles I saw you, what if something happens". She looked a little unhappy with my actions and I wasn't  in the mood to talk in details.

"I know, sorry for scaring you and thanx for saving me", I replied.

She nodded her head "If you want to tell me something Charles I am always willing to listen".

"I know but I will be late if I stay here any longer you will have to excuse me", saying her a quick goodbye and nodded my head towards the girl behind her. I started walking again.

"Be careful", she said loudly when I was alittle further away keeping a straight pace. While she went on the opposite direction with her friend.

Now I had another problem I think I sprained my ankle, I couldn't walk straight or run because everytime I placed my foot on the ground it would hurt. I told myself I cant go home I needed to check on max's brother first. I kept limping towards the direction of his house.

It felt like ages when I last came here, it was when we both decided to test our limits in mind games. My heart ached at the memory. It hurts everytime I would look at this place. So I avoided this path as many times as possible.

I rang the bell and Mr Smith opened the door. That was quick he must have been in the garage but I was glad it wasn't Mrs Smith otherwise it would have a scream and angry comments towards me.

His face expression had changed when he saw me but he was still polite, "Long time no see Charles how are you doing".

..........