Chapter 8

That did it I know I should have been more mature as he is younger than me but I also have a limit of hearing those same words, words I didn't deserve. He didn't know the truth and wasn't ready to accept it either. He was not even willing to listen.

I grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and shook him roughly. He had grown taller and was about the same height as me. I was 6 foot 2 inches. He really had grown since the last time we met but this wasn't the time to be thinking about such things.

"You don't know anything. I was never jealous of your brother. He meant more to me than my own life it was a terrible accident in which your brother got caught. It was his decision to do something crazy and dangerous like that. I never agreed to be a part of it". I replied in strict tone.

He was already angry and my words fueled him more because the next thing I know I am lying on the ground. What happened again. One minute I am in charge the next I am lying flat on solid concrete road. This is becoming a joke really.

He had easily tackled me to the ground. He took advantage of my injured foot any other time it would have been impossible for him.

He had grabbed my shirt with both hands and pulled me closer to his face. He yelled at me " You think I would believe you, why didn't you stop him when you knew it was a crazy idea, why...why". The weather decided to bless us with light shower to put ease in our pain.

Like a little child hurt and confused he clung tightly to my chest both hands fisted together make me confused as to what to do, my gentle touch on his back for comfort had made him break down into tears. He kept crying at first I thought he would stop on his own because I never had a situation where I had to console a boy who lost the most precious person to him.

So I simply hugged him trying to make him calm down. I didn't care what the passers by would think. Jason and I needed to amend things.

I spoke softly " Hey, I can't say that everything is going to be alright and I can't make empty promises or give you false hope when I am myself trying to overcome the loss. Whether you believe me or not but what I can tell you is that we have to be strong and get through this difficult time together, however it is possible for us and we are both going to get sick if we stay in this place with the rain".

" I am never going to forgive you remember that but I will not bother you anymore or be rude to you". His voice was hoarse from crying. I simply nodded to his statement what was I to say.

He got up and held out his hand for me . I took it even though I had doubt im my mind.