~Returned to Sender~

I waited by the raven black mailbox and sighed as the postboy handed me back the fourth letter, "Did he even get it?" I asked quietly. He ran a hand through his dirty blond hair, "I place it with the rest of the letters in the mailbox and everyday when I come back yours is the only one sitting there." I cast my eyes at my shoes, "Would it be too much to ask if you delivered it personally?" He chuckled a little. "Miss why don't you just deliver them yourself?" I look up, "I do not think I have the courage to do that..." I hand him yet another letter and turn to walk away. "Miss?" I turn back around. "I hope you find your courage one day." With that he took off on his bike satchel swinging. The thought that drifted in my head made me sad, the boy I love used to visit me on a bike.

Mi Amor,

The day you first messaged me. I was scrolling through my feed when your notification popped up. I didn't recognize the name but when I saw the picture I had a very distinct feeling it was you. It was simple all you say was 'Hey' but the butterflies had decided flutter around my stomach. I decided to wait a day and then I'd respond. It was painful knowing you had messaged me and my heart was aching so say something, luckily my head kept me in check. The next day I started up a conversation, you had an Alias overtime I came to be fond of. I remembered the question I had originally wanted to ask you, nervous I asked it right then if you wanted to have a bonfire type thing. I was trying be a friend at the moment but out of nowhere I couldn't contain myself and just told you I liked you. The next few days we had a flurry of conversations about our ex's and casual flirting...I started to panic as I realized how fast I was developing feelings I didn't want to be hurt...I'm sorry for the wet spots on this letter, I think I'll leave off the rest of this letter.....

~Your Fire