I don't remember exactly when I fell asleep but at some point in the night I woke up crying and shivering. I stood up a bit disoriented and walked downstairs to make myself a cup of coffee. I sat at the table and that's where I stayed until the sun rose up and the birds came out. The doorbell rang and I jumped a bit startled. I walked to the door with heavy feet a bit grumpy someone would interrupt my morning so early. "Who is-" I started to say opening the door. The Post boy grinned at me. I raised an eyebrow. He was brimming with excitement. I rubbed my eyes and yawned "I know you have something to say so tell me." My voice came out scratchy. I kid you not he clapped, bouncing on the balls of his feet he said "He didn't return your letter miss." It took a moment and then my eyes widened as it hit me. "He wants the rest of your letters miss." "Come in." I said trying not to sound too excited. I rushed upstairs to grab all the letters stamped with "Return to Sender" and then hesitantly grabbed today's letter. I rushed back downstairs thrusting them into his arms practically pushing him out the door. "See you tomorrow miss-" I shut the door quickly my heart beating so fast i swore it would burst out of my chest. I slid down the door and sat with my back against it trying to regain composure.

Mi Amor,

Do you remember the night you asked me out? You sent me memes and couples posts and out of nowhere called me your girlfriend. When i caught onto that you asked to call me. That was the happiest day of my life. Hearing that I was yours...I was excited for you to come back. Knowing me, I interrogated our poor little friend until she slipped up.

We were at the park I knew we were waiting for you but i pretended I had no idea. When she told me to follow her I was nervous and could feel the palm of my hands starting to sweat. When we got to the spot I saw you and immediately all my happy emotions hit at once. The next thing I knew my phone was on the ground our friends were smiling and I was in your arms kissing you. Like a movie right?

Do your remember laying in the grass? Looking at the dark sky. I asked you to come to my religious service so I could see you more. You agreed and I was taken back a little because why would a boy do that for me?

Do you remember being that happy with me?

~Your Fire