Chapter 5

Tiblisi woke up around 10am the next day and actively recoiled in bed remembering the morning beforehand where she had been fired. 

Why were these sheets so soft, she hadn't done laundry in days. It smelt like mint lavender, wait, where the hell was she, she sure as hell wasn't at home in bed. 

Now she was remembering, she called her best friend Mo and Mo had obliged to let her stay with her until she was on her feet. 

Gosh, she didn't drink that much at breakfast, it must of been she was just exhausted. 

Now she was famished. 

Mo would have something lingering in the fridge. Maybe some watermelon covered in cinnamon, one of Mo's tricks to getting her craving for sugar while still staying in excellent shape. That would hold her over until she could order something, she was preemptively thinking this while clinging to the soft sheets. 

She finally got out of the four poster bed that was covered in a decorative rose bedspread and threw on the white bathrobe that was spread on the lounge chair to the left. 

After food, she would have a shower she thought, then she continued to climb down the staircase towards the kitchen. 

She was surprised to find there were a million shoes by the door, Mo very likely had decided to have people over, they must be all outside on the balcony. 

Maybe if I just slip into the kitchen which isn't far off from the doorway, I could get in a snack before I go get dressed and meet the guests.  

She tiptoed silently across the grey marble flooring before ending up at the end of the fridge.  She took a quick glance in before she heard a voice behind her. 

"You must be Tiblisi" a strong male voice came from behind. "I think there's coffee cake in the freezer if that's more your style, not that you're fat, its just the best thing in there. In the fridge its just yogurt and watermelon."  

"I better go get dressed, I'm really not prepared for a food intervention right now. Plus I'm in a bathrobe, what have you got on, a 1,000 dollar Armani suit?"

"Honey, I'm gay and role with the best of them, except this little tummy I've got going here tends to ward off any good-looking suitors. thanks to my inclination towards sweets." He was, she had to admit a bit beefy in the face but he was passable as attractive and had an ample tush as any homosexual suitors dreams could provide. 

"You're a bit beefy to be honest but overall have a jus ne se quois quality that would give you a boost in the love department."

"Honey go get dressed, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. I love bitches. Want me to help you pick out your outfit, we could attack Mo's closet, but you'd have to apply tape around your body to fit into one of her dresses." 

"Touchee" Tiblisi said laughing, knowing full well she was at least two sizes bigger than Mo.

"Go get changed, lets gossip, by the way my names Ryan."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Tiblisi, and save me a piece of that coffee cake will ya? We've got hours to burn and wine to drink." She exited winking at him. 

She ran up the plush carpeted stairs and was more excited than she had been in a long time. Maybe that job was draining her, maybe she had been putting on an act thinking she could keep going with it. She came home every night wishing that the world was different. That it would even out if she did her job harder and better, but it never did, she gave it her all with less than encouraging results.