Chapter 11

They woke up the next morning in Jack's apartment, Tiblisi woke up to wrinkled sheets and the smell of fresh coffee brewing. 'Mmm' she exhaled bringing her knees up to her chest and pulling the sheets tighter into her. This time, she had no doubt of where she was. Her and Jack had had passionate sex the night beforehand after his sister Gwen's birthday party. She lied there a good long while before she looked around. The one room apartment which had been dark the night before now showed it was littered with old rumpled clothes and an air freshener beside the bed that had been past its due about two weeks ago. However the aroma of his slight manly stench was intoxicating for her. It somehow turned her on, again. Obviously there pheromones were in sync. Their night had been passionate and considering neither had drunk any alcohol amazing for both, as neither had had sex without liquid courage in quite awhile. It was almost like they were virgins again, experience sex without drug for the first time in a long time. Their senses were peaked and it didn't let them down. Both had orgasmed, after the appropriate amount of time and at the same time. Tiblisi smiled at the memory, when Jack came in with two mugs of coffee. "I guessed" he admitted, "cream with sugar?" 

"Yes!" Tiblisi exclaimed gathering the sheets around her midsection and getting into an upright position. "As you can see" Jack admitted, "I didn't know I'd have you over last night" he put out a hand indicating the messiness of the room. "I mean, I wanted to eventually... Just didn't think it would be as early as last night..." 

"Well you basically accosted me at the party, problem was I liked it" she had a sly smile and held it until she could feel his heart race again. "Can't argue with chemistry," she added "even if you are a dragon." 

"Whoa I know you don't like dragons. But I have to protect myself on this one, I don't really feel like a guy who would hurt you... is that what you're afraid of?" 

"No, I'm just afraid you won't get back into bed this minute" But inside she was afraid, afraid he was a dragon and would hurt her. Suddenly her cell buzzed, "just hold on a moment, might be the department realizing they made a big mistake..." 

Jack silently said a sudden prayer. Can't she get a safe job as a security guard? She answered her phone cooly without any inflection in her voice "Hello?" she didn't know the number and she didn't know who could be bothering her at such a wonderful time as this. "Tiblisi its Ryan, I don't care that I did a great thing for you that night, I don't care that I ate way too many Oreos, what I care about is your ex just got me kicked out of Twelve Oaks!" Tiblisi was stunned and Ryan was pretty furious. He went on "I went in to play a routine squash match I play every week  and they stop me at the foyer, what is going on, did you know your ex was such a psycho?" 

"Yes," Tiblisi answered "I'm surprised he gives a damn to be honest, could he of really believed we were getting married?" 

"Well evidently" Ryan answered "you know what they called me? Duplicitous. I've been duplicitous in all areas of my life, I wouldn't of considered being so had I known it would get me kicked out of Twelve Oaks without the slightest notice and with a game coming up with Ned no less. I look forward to my games with Ned all week. Tiblisi we have to come up with a plan to get me back in!"

"Of course," Tiblisi answered, "I'll meet you, where can we meet?"

"Elgin Street Diner, thirty minutes" Ryan hung up then and there and Tiblisi knew she was in trouble. She explained the entire situation to Jack, explaining why she had to go and why. Jack looked forlorn at the thought of her upset by her ex yet again while she was telling the story but let it go and mused to her "we all have a past, now go help your friend."

As she was getting dressed and picking her jeans out from the many rumpled clothes on the floor Jack thought it an appropriate time to ask, she had told him the whole story but he couldn't help but asking. "this guy, the one it upset you so much to see and why you pretended to be engaged, was he the dragon?"