Part Four

Emmet ran as fast as he could, away from the town, into the dark forest. He cried as he ran, trying his best to see with the tears in his eyes.

He suddenly felt his foot slip, and he flew into the air. "I've got ya!!" Someone exclaimed, catching Emmet, mid air.

Emmet dizzily stood to see who caught him. He had stubble that was starting to grow into a beard, a chiseled face and dark messy hair.

"Rex??!!" Emmet exclaimed, jumping back. Rex sighed. "Yep, it's me." He said, shrugging. "but, Y-You were dead!" He exclaimed.

Rex smirked. "Not dead, back to the futured. And I wasn't gone, I just slowly teleported back to my ship with a secret remote I had in my back pocket." He said.

Emmet stared, and teared up, ran to him and hugged him. "Rex!! I messed up! I ruined everything!" He cried. Rex was shocked. "Woah kid, you couldn't have messed up that bad." He said.

Emmet looked up, and that's when Rex noticed his red cheek. "Oh my stars who did that to you?" He asked. Emmet looked down. "Lucy." He said.

Rex frowned and bore his teeth. "I knew she wasn't to be trusted! What did she do to you?" Rex asked.

Emmet then backed up. "Wait wait wait, aren't you evil?" He asked. Rex sighed. "No, not anymore. After Lucy came back for you I realized my mistake. And that I was wrong. So I left your life for you to be happy, which didn't seem to work out." He said.

Emmet frowned and began to cry again. "I was hiding from everyone and wrote notes and then I lied to Lucy and then she tried to fix everything for me then Benny got mad and I ruined everything!" He sobbed, hugging rex again.

Rex stared and patted Emmet's back. "It's ok." He said. Emmet looked up to rex. "I want to run away, can I stay with you? Nobody knows you're alive so that means you can probably hide me super well!" He said.

Rex stared. "Woah woah, you realize that's a pretty risky think to ask. The queen knows I'm alive and is after me. And I advise you stay away from that." He said.

Emmet then gave him puppy dog eyes that Rex simply couldn't handle. "Oh, gosh darn it fine! You can stay with me until this blows over." He said.

Emmet smiled. "Yay!" He said. Rex sighed. "Now, let's get to my ship and blow this planet until I need to bring you back." He said. 

Emmet nodded. "Ok!" He said cheerfully. They both teleported back to Rex's ship, which he had to rebuild from the bottom up, so it looks completely different.

"Woah, it's so much more colorful in here" he said. Rex sighed. "Sadly, the only bricks I could find are all bright and colorful so I did with what I could. And nobody suspects rex dangevest in a pretty ship right?" He asked.

Emmet nodded. "Woah..." He said. A raptor walked up. "Cobra, get Emmet his coffee. You know what he likes." He said, shooing away the raptor.

Emmet looked around. The place looked like a typical systar ship. He then yawned.

Rex looked over. "Heh, you've been getting some insomnia problems, I can tell." He said. Emmet looked over. "How do you know?" He asked.

Rex chuckled. "I get those weird nightmare visions still too. We're the same person, remember? And I've been having problems with insomnia as well." He said.

Emmet looked down. "Oh.." he frowned. Rex then lifted Emmet up. "Come on, I've got a spare bed you can use." He said.

Rex led Emmet to a room, that was surprisingly a lot like something Rex's room would look like. "is this your room?" Emmet asked. Rex shrugged. "My room, your room, same thing. I always have the coffee machine and a comfy captains chair to sleep on." He said.

"Thank you.." Emmet said. "no problem kid! Sleep well, cause tommorow we're making maple pancakes!" He exclaimed.

Emmet smiled and after a while, he went to bed.

Rex sat at the captains chair, sipping his coffee. "Cobra." He looked to the raptor beside him. It tilted its head. "Go check on Emmet." He said.

The raptor did as told, and Rex looked up to the starry sky. "Don't worry kid. I'll keep you safe."