Part Seven

Rex was still awake, despite how late it was. He didn't know what time it was but it definitely wasn't early.

He was sitting there, waiting and hoping that sleep would cross him, but it didn't.

He looked through the bars of the dungeon door, in hopes to see the stars again, but there were no windows.

He sighed and felt himself tear up. "No... Men don't cry. I'll get out of this." He wiped his tears and looked to the cell beside him. "No... You'll get out of this." He said.

Rex sighed and looked down. "I'm the one who deserves this. You don't." He said. He then thought. What would everyone think? If Emmet came back from prison for nearly destroying a planet.

He knew Emmet wouldn't say anything, it's because of his friends that he did that. And if he said anything...

Rex looked over. "Wow kid, you're really in a sticky situation." He said. Rex looked down and sighed. "That shows who your real family is." He teared up.

"The ones who won't abandon you unless it's for your own good. The ones who are always on your side." He said. Rex looked up and let some tears slip down his cheek. "That's why I've been trying so hard." He said.

Rex looked over at Emmets sleeping face and chuckled. "Kid, i will never give up on us." He said.

He then looked back to the walls of his cell and sighed. "If only there was a way out of here." He sighed.

"No! He's innocent! You need to free him!" Lucy shouted. The queen sighed. "Look, I know you care about him but he did the crime and now he's paying the time." She said.

Unikittys fur began to become red. "but he's the nicest guy alive! He would never do anything to hurt anyone else!" She said.

The queen looked to her. "I hate to say it but.  Look at rex. He nearly destroyed everything, and Emmet could turn out the same again." She said.

Lucy frowned. "He would never! I swear he would never turn out like that!" She said. The queen sighed. "But there's no telling, is there?" She asked.

Lucy frowned and they were silent. "You said it yourself. He's been having trouble. And that trouble can turn into rex again." She said.

Lucy teared up. "No he...." She couldn't help but deep down, truly believe that was still a possibility.

Uni however... She burst into flames. "HOW DARE YOU! HE IS NEVER GOING TO BE LIKE REX!!" she shouted. Suddenly, there were flames all over the ground.

"Oh no-" she whispered, and suddenly the entire room lit on fire. "Queen! Get out of here!" Lucy shouted as she helped unikitty out, who was frozen in fear.

The flames began to spread from that room down the halls, and up to the upper floors. And down.

Rex sniffed. "Smoke?" He asked, looking up. Suddenly, he saw the flames. "Uh, Emmet-" he tried to wake him. Emmet was in the middle of a nightmare, and wasn't waking up.

Rex frowned. "This is for locking Emmet up!!" He shouted and master destruction punched the bars of the jail. They only moved a smidge. "Come on!!" He shouted, punching repeatedly untill the bars crumbled under his fists.

He then saw the fire nearing Emmets cell. "Kid!! Wake up!!" He shouted. Emmet was starting to wake up as the flames got into his cell. "what the... AH!" he screamed and backed into the walls as the flames neared.

Rex hit the bars of the cells repeatedly, and they seemed tougher than his. He felt his arms begin to tire.
"Kid!! Come here!" He shouted. The flames then jumped in between Emmet and Rex. "No!!" Emmet shouted.

Rex frowned. "I'll save you!" He shouted. The bars began to burn his hands, but he didn't care. He broke the bars and ran through the flames to Emmet.

"Get on my back kid!" He shouted. "What?" Emmet asked. "No time for questions, NOW!" He shouted. Emmet did as told and Rex ran through the flames. They were out of Emmets reach, but hit Rex in the face.

Emmet stared. Rex was trying to get him out unharmed.

Rex jumped through doorways until he got to the main entrance. "We're nearly there!" He shouted. Emmet smiled.

Suddenly, beams from the ceiling fell in front of the door. "No!!" Rex shouted. Emmet stared and Rex looked back. The flames surrounded them. Rex was already burnt from head to toe. Emmet was unscathed.

Emmet got off of rex as the smoke rose. They began to cough violently as the smoke entered their lungs.

"Rex..!" Emmet shouted, as Rex already fell, unconscious from the pain and the smoke. Emmet fell to his knees, weak. "No... This isn't the end..." He teared up.

"It can't be..." He cried.