Part Eight

Emmet clenched his fists. "No. It's not the end." He said, looking at his friend.

"I understand now, that you've been trying to make me feel better since the moment we rediscovered each other." He said, getting up. "And I'm not giving up." He said, looking at the beams on the door.

Emmet readied himself. "This is for you Rex." He said, looking up to the beams. He jumped up and punched the beams, destroying them instantly. Making a mini Earth quake, like on the abandoned planet.

Emmet picked up Rex and ran out, with him in his arms.

Emmet ran to where everyone else was. Lucy and Uni ran over. Emmet smiled and then fell over, unconscious.

Emmet woke up in a hospital bed. He looked around, confused. Lucy, Uni, Mayhem, Metalbeard and Benny were all there. They all started to blabber on about how worried they were and etc.

Emmet just listened, and couldn't help but start to cry. They all silenced themselves and Lucy hugged Emmet. "Oh it's ok! Everyone's safe and you're ok!" She said.

Emmet smiled. "I'm just so happy that I get to see you all again." He cried.

Benny looked down. "I'm sorry about what I said about you." He said. Emmet looked up. "don't worry, I would've felt the same way." He said, looking away, then he noticed Rex. "Rex!" He tried to get up but he felt a sharp pain in his side. "Agh!" He fell back down to the bed.

"Woah woah!" You can't Get up yet!" Lucy said. Emmet frowned. "How's rex? Is he ok?" He asked, worried. Mayhem looked to Emmet. "He is going to make it. He has quite a lot of burns, and has lung damage, but it can be fixed with a couple more weeks in the hospital. You're going to be out in a couple days." She said.

Emmet frowned. "Rex... He... He saved me..." He said. Everyone looked to him. "I swear yee was the one who saved him" Metalbeard said. Emmet shook his head. "No, he went through the fire to save me, and try to get me out unscathed" he said.

Everyone was quiet and they looked at rex. "He changed..." Lucy said. Emmet nodded. "Yeah... He did" he smiled.

In the next three days, Emmet was able to go home. But he visited rex every day until he was able to finally leave the hospital. Thing is, rex had nowhere to go.

"Lucy please!! He saved my life!" Emmet pleaded. Lucy frowned. "He's a grown man and can get his own place." She said.

Emmet gave her puppy eyes. "But he will be homeless for a little while! I don't want him to be homeless! He can sleep on the couch!" Emmet pleaded.

Lucy was silent for a moment. "Fine. But only until he can get on his own feet." She said.

Emmet cheered and hugged Lucy. "Yay!! Thanks!" He smiled. Lucy rolled her eyes, with a smile on her face.

The next day, Rex moved in, and stayed there for a month, until he finally got a job as a Veterinary Physician, or as we know them to be pet vets.

Rex was finally accepted into society, Emmet was finally to terms with his past, and he and his friends finally all got along.