Date Prep

Evie had cornered Carlos and basically threatened him into asking Brooke out. He was trying to figure out how anyway, but now he was really nervous. Her lack of outright emotion was very familiar to isle kids. All the ones who bullied him. Brooke was in enigma to him she wasn't like the other princesses, she didn't war her family colors, she didn't wear her tiaras and he never saw her were a dress, he wondered why. The more he wondered the more questions he had. She didn't like talking about her parents, she seemed to have a messy relationship with Audrey, not outright hate but she didn't like her either, she was always writing and seemed to expect the worst. He wanted to know more about her. Mal and Evie had kept her adventures in Neverland a secret preferring to keep that in their back pocket as a last resort for now.

He walked up to her locker which was easy to tell apart as it had a painting of the beast's magic rose on it with prominent thorns. She was definitely an interesting princess. She had parts of her family, but she added her own style in too. "Hey um Brooke," Brooke looked passed the door and saw Carlos.

She blushed but covered it up quickly and gained her normal blank look, "Hey Carlos, what do you need?"

"Um I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out later."

Oh, she was going to murder Evie and cover it up, "Like a date?" he nodded his eyes were squeezed shut and his head down, almost like he was afraid she'd scream. She sighed maybe the girls were right, besides she promised one date, "Sure, I think I'd like that."

Carlos looked up and in shock and stammered, "Great, yeah great um I'll pick you up at your dorm?" Brooke blushed as Carlos walked away forgetting to get an answer. She had a dreamy look on her face as she finished putting her books away. She quickly realized she was noticeably swaying, she shook her head and stilled herself.

"There you are Brooke; we have been looking for you," Evie's voice said.

She snapped out of her daze, "Why what's going on?"

She looked to her purple haired friend whose normally pale cheeks were cherry red, "Ben asked me out," Mal whispered like it would cause mass panic.

A soft smile spread across her cheeks, "Awesome, come on." She pulled Mal's hand with a force she never imagined the soft-spoken shadow queen could have, "We have to get you ready."

"Don't think we didn't see you still yourself. Carlos asked you out, didn't he?" Mal teased.

"Maybe," Brooke answered voice emotionless and straight faced.

"Yay I have the Perfect dress," Evie squealed. Both the princess and the half fairy were so in for it.

"Let's Focus on one date at a time," Brooke said. They went back to Mal and Evie's dorm to get ready; Mal went first as Ben would most likely be there before Carlos. Evie did her make-up and Brooke did her hair.

"Okay. Easy on the blush. I don't want to scare him away. Not that I could," Mal laughed.

"Ben has a huge crush on you I could see it since you got here. There's no way you could scare him off," Brooke smiled. "Plus, you have him spelled, but please take that off of him soon. It's not right."

Mal for the first time in her life felt guilty. "Yeah, I'll take it off today I feel really bad about that," Brooke nodded firmly.

Evie pulled the attention back to the make-up, "Please. My mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk. Always use upward strokes."

"My mom was never really big on makeup tips, and I never had a sister."

"Well now you have two," Brooke said placing down the brush. The blue haired girl was also shocked. Brooke was a mystery she never spoke about her feelings, and she just outright admitted to caring about them. They both looked to her, "I care about you guys more than I thought I would," she smiled, not her normal half smile or soft one either it was a full-on grin, "I've always wanted sisters."