seven

"Wow, Theo

      "Wow, Theo... I feel like a celebrity," Ned whispered as he, Peter, Ty, and Theo walked down the school halls together. The population of Midtown High had always been curious as to why Theodore Clarke was such close friends with someone like Tyler Wood, but now he was friends with Peter Parker and Ned Leeds? Whispers of all sorts erupted from each side of them as they continued on to the cafeteria.

"Eh, it's not so cool after a while. You get used to it," Ty said casually.

Peter gripped the straps of his backpack nervously, "You're comfortable with all the staring and the whispers?" he asked, glancing up at the tall blonde beside him. Theo shrugged, resting a hand on Peter's shoulder comfortingly, "To be honest, no," He chuckled, "but I just try to remember that no matter what they say about me, they don't really know what they're talking about."

School became just a bit more bearable now that Theo had two more friends. They didn't have all of their classes together, but in the ones that they did, they moved seats so that they could spend it next to each other. Theo had the most classes together with Peter and Ned, who whispered quite a lot during lectures, but he didn't mind so much now that they were close.

At the end of the day, they were picked up by Peter's aunt once more so they could study. Unfortunately, she didn't mention any more embarrassing stories, which Theo assumed was because Peter pleaded her not to. She still kindly offered some more cookies before they went to Peter's room, though.

"Crap! How the hell are we gonna finish this stupid project in four days?" Ty groaned, throwing his beanie on the ground and running a hand through his hair in stress. Theo rolled his eyes and ignored his friend's whines, continuing to read a text that Mr. Harrington assigned him during the last meeting.

Ned suddenly had a mischievous glint in his eye, "Well, I know how..." he trailed off turning to look at Peter who was currently spinning around in his office chair absentmindedly.

"What?" The boy asked innocently, oblivious to the smirk on Ned's face.

"Pretty please, Peter, could we see your chem project?" He asked, clasping his hands together dramatically. Peter squirmed in his seat, "Come on, Ned. Why didn't you guys start sooner?"

"'Cause I was busy building the Death Star that you promised to help me with! And also... ya know..." he trailed off, giving Peter a knowing look. Ty pursed his lips as he glanced between the two, wondering what the hell they were on about.

Before he could ask, Peter threw his head back and groaned loudly. Feeling merciful, Theo decided to jump in and save him.

"But Peter's helping me with homework," He blurted the first excuse he could think of. Ty, Ned, and Peter himself gave him a confused look. "I-I am?" Peter asked, his eyes wide.

"Yeah! Ty here has been promising that he'd help me with biology, but he's been too busy complaining about the project," Theo said, giving his friend a short glare.