sixteen

Theo was flanked by his siblings the minute he stepped off of the bus

   Theo was flanked by his siblings the minute he stepped off of the bus. Franky practically had tears in his eyes as Bia frantically interrogated him. Any other time, the boy would have been annoyed, but he had cheated death that weekend and he was all too happy to be back with his family.

"How dare you almost die, you absolute jerk!" His sister shouted as she punched his arm.

He just pulled her into a tight hug and ruffled her hair. "I'm fine, don't worry," He reassured with a smile.

Many other parents were doing the same, hugging the life out of their children and checking for any injuries. Ty's mother sobbed into his shoulder as he patted her back awkwardly, Ned's father led him to his car as his mom jumped out of the passenger side, engulfing him in a hug.

"Theo?" He turned at the sound of his name. It was Aunt May, wearing sweats and a large cardigan with Peter standing right behind her. "Oh, thank god you're okay," She gave him a wet smile and a tight embrace. Sniffling as she stepped back, she sent a grin towards his two siblings. "Hi Bianca, and I'm sorry, I don't think I've met you before," May stepped forward to shake Franky's hand.

"My name is Franklin, I'm Theo's older brother. He's told me a lot about Peter," He grinned, curls bobbing as he nodded. Theo smacked his arm and scoffed, pretending to scratch his nose to hide his flustered expression, rushing to pull his siblings away.

Everyone eventually parted ways. Franky offered to carry Theo's over-night bag on the way back to the apartment and Bia doesn't let go of his hand until they are safely indoors. They slept together on Franky's bed that night, not wanting to part ways after narrowly avoiding death.

Midtown Tech thankfully gave the decathlon kids another day to recuperate from the incident. A day of relaxation was just what they needed, especially for Theo who's never used his powers as much as he did that weekend.

His fingers itched to send a message to Peter and see if he was recovering well. He had sustained quite a few injuries while saving their lives, but with his healing capabilities, he would feel brand new by the time they would go to school tomorrow.

Theo scrolled down his phone and read through his news feed. Unsurprisingly, Spiderman was everywhere, many calling him a hero for saving a group of students from Queens. He quickly forwarded the articles to the group chat that he, Peter, Ned, and Ty were in.

"Hey, Theo," The boy looked up to see his sister and brother both peeking their heads in, "just wanted to see how you were before we head off."

"I'm feeling a lot better," He grinned, sitting up slowly, "still a little weak but I reckon I'll be able to go to school tomorrow."

"Sweet! And..." They both opened his door fully to reveal a small tray of toast, eggs, and orange juice, "Tada! We made you breakfast look at how awesome your siblings are!"

Theo rolled his eyes teasingly, "Wow, you sure are modest." She ignored the sarcasm as Franky set the food down on his lap.

"There, the finest foods that we could make," He grinned, feeling very proud of his work, "We would help feed you too but we've gotta go, it's almost 8." Bia gave the blonde one last embrace before skipping off, grabbing Franky's hand.