Gaara x Child!Reader ~ But I want it!

I was inspired by the image above.
The reader is gender neutral and six.
(M/N) - Mother's Name

Short Oneshot

No one's POV

Gaara was at the store, grocery shopping with (Y/N) since (M/N) was out on a mission. They were walking around till (Y/N) saw candy.

"Papa, can I get those." They asked, pointing towards the product in all its fabulous glory on the shelf.

"Sorry but no, you've had enough this week." Gaara said.

"But I want candy!" (Y/N) shouted, stomping their little feet on the ground.

"(Y/N) please stop, your making a scene." Gaara pleaded as he saw other people looking at them.

"SCREW YOU OLD MAN!" In less of a second, (Y/N) was on the ground screaming and flailing their arms around. "I WANT CANDY!" They screamed.

Gaara, who looks like he's given up on life just slowly went towards the ground. (Y/N) stopped and look at their father curiously. As soon as Gaara was on the ground, his face showed no emotion as he stared at the ceiling.

Then out of no where, he started flailing his arms around, repeating what (Y/N) had been doing earlier. (Y/N) looked at him as if he was the most craziest person in the world.

From that day forward, (Y/N) never complained again.

Bonus

~A week later~

"Mommy, can I get that?" A child asked pointing towards a packet of candy.

"Sorry honey but no, not today okay?" (M/N) replied gently, not wanting to upset the child.

"Okay." They said and walked ahead a little.

(M/N) stood there shocked a little, expecting for them to complain. She then turned towards her teal eyed husband who was behind her for an explanation. Gaara just shrugged and followed behind (Y/N).