Three

The car stopped infront of a grand hotel. We stepped out of the car and walked towards the entrance. Jin was holding my hand, just a formal gesture every couple would show I guess. There were reporters, journalists and paparazzis trying to ask us numerous questions but our body guards pushed them back. Jin waved at the crowd which was waiting for us to arrive, earning cries of joy. I forgot to mention that my husband was the mayor's son therefore it was a grand event for the whole city. I had to keep myself as presentable as possible. I heard one of the reporters asking why did he marry a commoner rather than someone rich, to which Jin raised a brow and looked at him with annoyance. I felt so inferior and was struggling not to cry at such insult.

"I request you all to respect my privacy. It shouldn't concern you, whom I choose to marry. Please be a bit careful of what you say." He glared at them before entering the hotel.

I guess I'll always remain a commoner...

I sighed and started greeting guests as they gave us happy wishes and prayers. Everyone was kind and polite which made me feel a bit happy contrary to the disappointment I had earlier. Jin as usual got the attention he craves for. I had observed my husband's self obsessed nature. It's not like I had an issue with it since he hadn't degraded me yet, but still it made me feel kind of useless and inferior. I remained beside him, following him everywhere, making sure I don't embarrass him. He's a nice guy with good humour but might insult me if i disappoint him. It was time for the grand ball. I could feel my insides flipping. I had never danced before. I onlt knew ballet dancing but a ball dance wasn't just my thing. I stepped infront of him nervously.

"This ball is to honour Mr. Seokjin and his wife who have been recently married and are going to start a new life ahead. We wish them all the best!" The announcer said and the music started playing.

Everyone looked at us with gleaming eyes. The ballroom was lit with a single spotlight focused on just the two of us. Jin took his right hand out.

"May I have this dance please?" He asked sounding even more formal.

I nodded and placedmy hand on his as he placed his other hand on my back making me even more nervous. Why am I feeling so flattered? We've known each other for like a day but still his touch is giving me shivers. I was lost in thoughts when suddenly he pulled me closer and whispered,

"I expect my wife to be perfect on everything just like me. Please don't disappoint me or I might have to punish you." He smirked making my heart race faster than ever.

We started dancing. I was numb the whole time. His words kept ringing through my ears. I was unconsciously staring in his eyes for too long. My eyes widened when I felt his soft lips over mine. Wait what? My brain had stopped working and my heart stopped beating for a second. Is he really kissing me? Should I kiss him back? Does he really mean it? I was still contemplating when he broke the kiss. I felt left out. He did it for the crowd ofcourse. I should've figured it out before. Why would he kiss a commoner? I thought to myself as my heart ached. I hid my tears which were now forming at the corners of my eyes.

"I'm sorry, please don't assume things."
He muttered with apologetic eyes.

I assured him that it was okay, but deep down I felt hurt. I'm his wife, why doesn't he treat me like others would treat their wives? I knew my questions would remain unanswered.
It was dinner time and we had already taken our seats. I was being picky, trying hard not to be a hungry cat. Finally it was time to leave. I was feeling relieved. We were heading towards the car when suddenly my left heel broke and I landed on my stomach injuring my chin badly. Jin quickly picked me up as I was rushed to a hospital since my chin was bleeding profusely. A glass shard had cut through the skin. The doctor gave me some pain killers and I was allowed to go.

Home:

As soon as I entered the room, I was met with a pissed Seokjin waiting for me.

"I thought I could trust you. But I was wrong." He growled.

"I-I'm sorry I uhh-" I choked on words remembering the warning he gave me.

"Sorry wont bring my reputation back darls. You have to be punished for what you did." He suddenly started smirking. His eyes were darkening.

"No, please I promise It won't happen again.." I pleaded.

"Silence! Now come here, I'll make sure you learn a lesson." He pulled me towards him.

"Close your eyes..." He demanded.

"Please don't hurt me!!" I cried

"Don't talk girl, just do as I say." He whispered making me shiver even more. I was not ready, atleast not now...

To be continued...