Thirteen

We entered the house, as the darkness welcomed us. I knew they would be asleep since it was soon to be midnight. We quietly walked towards the staircase leading towards our bedroom. As we stepped on the staircase I heard a door close behind us. We turned around to see Jungkook standing there and his face showing signs of both confusion and joy. "Brother?", his voice was small and a bit unsure. "Oh yes kook, we're here. Why are you up so late?" Jin said as he approached Jungkook and hugged him. Jungkook hugged him back, smiling and scratching the back of his neck and said," Well, I was just going to grab a glass of water and I found you guys." I chuckled and he quickly bowed to me. "Oh sorry dear sis-in-law, I forgot to say hello to you." "It's ok Jungkook. How have you been?" I asked him and ruffled his hair. "I was doing fine. Say, did you guys enjoy?" We both nodded in approval and smiled. His face seemed to light up with an emotion, as if he succeeded. "Ok, I'm going upstairs. It's too late and I'm tired." Jin announced and quickly climbed the staircase. "Ok, I'll be there!" I slightly shouted, not too loud to wake up my in- laws. "Hey did you guys bond?" He was looking like a curious little bunny. Adorable. "Yes.." I blushed hard imagining the precious moments I had with him. He was now about to jump up and down but he controlled. "Oh my God! I can't believe it. Did you really change his heart for you?" I nodded and smiled which made him happier. "That's great! I hope to see you smiling like that forever with him. I never had a sister but I have you now." "I wish I had a younger brother like him", I thought to myself. I just smiled at his genuine and kind words. He's so cute. He then bid me goodbye and we went to our rooms.

I entered the room and saw his sleeping figure, sleeping as soundly as a baby. I was cooing over him when I heard him whispering. He was murmuring some words in his sleep. I went close to hear what he was saying and all I could hear was. "Why did you lie to me?" "Why are you here?" "You shouldn't have returned." He must be dreaming. I ignored his random word attack and quietly changed into my nightwear. All I wanted was to sleep asap. My body was throbbing with tiredness. Then suddenly Jin turned to face me. His eyes were still closed but he seemed to be in pain. His eyebrows were furrowed in frustration. I stroked his cheek gently when he suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me into an embrace. "Please don't ever leave me. I won't be able to live without you." He was again murmuring but this time he opened his eyes. I was lying there paralyzed by his sudden actions then quickly hugged him back and kissed his forehead. "I will never leave you. I will always be there for you." He smiled and buried his face in my chest. I was running my fingers through his hair and trying to decipher what he meant by those words. Why was he suddenly murmuring vague sentences? Whom was he calling a liar? Is he in trouble? I wish I knew the answer and I will find out soon.

Next day

"I hope you both had a wonderful time together." Mr. Kim said with a warm smile as he picked a slice of bread from the plate. "Yes father, indeed. we really did enjoy every moment together." Jin looked at me with a knowing smile and I instantly blushed. "Well that's good news on a good morning." Mrs. Kim chirped in between our conversation as she sat on her favorite spot, right next to her husband. "Good morning Mrs-" "Call me mum, deary. It'll be nicer and I'll really appreciate it." I was cut off by her gently. I smiled at her beaming emotion. I knew how much she desired to have a daughter. I once saw her looking at pretty dresses and dolls at a store when we went for shopping. No wonder, she earnestly wanted her son to marry. "Ok mum. Good morning." "That's better sweetheart. Good morning. Now enjoy your breakfast." I nodded with a smile and the rest of the eating session went quietly except for the mischievous grins and stares from Jin. Everything felt perfect.

Time skip~

I asked Jin to take me to a convenient store as I wanted to buy some stuff. He insisted that the servants would buy them for me but I insisted to go by myself. I never liked it when people did my chores to be honest. He didn't argue anymore and took me to the nearest convenient store. We reached the store and I got out of the car while Jin sat there in it. He said he'll be waiting outside. I nodded at him and went inside the store. I straight up went to the ladies section to grab some pair of underwears. "See, private things can't be bought like that by servants." The reason I didn't tell Jin was because he wouldn't let me use a convenience store lingerie. Talk about being brand conscious, yes, he totally is. I giggled at my thought. I was standing in the line waiting for my turn to pay, when my eyes landed on a pretty tutu hanging in the kid's  section. It seemed to be for a 9 year old girl. Then suddenly nostalgia hits me. Me on my tip toes wanting to swirl like a ballerina princess, but falling on my butt each time I tried. That 9 year old Serena would cry and now this adult Serena is withholding her long lost desire of becoming a ballet dancer. She has lost the passion but the memory is etched in her brain. Her heart still seems to whisper to her saying she now has the chance. She can learn it and become one. While my mind is warning me to forget it. You're a married woman, are you crazy?! How will you manage everything knowing how hard it was to win his heart? I was in the middle of self conflict when I heard a girl calling to me to move forward since the line was being blocked. I jerked my thoughts away for the time being and quickly paid the cashier then rushed out of the store.

To be continued...