Strangers

That morning Lucy woke up she felt a bad omen all around her. She got up like usual, reaching into her closet to grab an outfit. She let out a gasp as she felt something in the room spinning around. She found herself staring at her bed, a force beckoning her towards the chest underneath her bed. She felt a pull like she never had before, she felt her breathing get heavy as her eyes shook, staring at what was under her bed. With a tug, Lucy forced herself to look away trying to put everything to the back of her mind as she finished getting ready. Her heart was beating like crazy in her chest but she couldn't let it show, she had no idea what was happening, what she did know was that it wasn't something others should know about. She stepped outside of her apartment and started the walk towards the guild.

As Lucy entered the guild she felt eyes on her. The atmosphere in the room was tense, everyone was looking warily up the stairs. She looked around awkwardly, letting out a nervous laugh.

"Is- Is anything the matter? Did Natsu destroy something of mine?" Mira was the first to go over to Lucy. 

"It's nothing, just everyone's on edge cause some guy walked in earlier, he had this massive coat on and no one could make out his appearance but he felt powerful. He demanded to speak to the master and they still haven't come down yet." Lucy felt everything around her freeze as she felt dread enter her, a pit in her stomach that was burning up. There was something wrong, but before she could say anything more there was a shout behind her.

"LUSHI!" Turning around Lucy saw a flying blue cat spilling towards her before smashing into her, she caught it laughing and its wild antics, and for a brief moment that fear being forgotten, the pit in her stomach gone as she smiled hugging Happy. 

"So Happy how was the quest with Natsu?" Happy smiled up at her, settling himself into her arms. 

"It was great! we got to eat lots of fish, but it wasn't as fun as it usually is with you" Lucy smiled down at Happy, feeling warmth spread through her chest. 

"Sorry about that but I was too tired but I promise, I will be going with you guys on the next mission" Happy grinned widely at that. 

"Yeah, and you'll get enough to pay your rent!" Lucy smiled at Happy and rubbed his head. Natsu came running in and came up to Lucy.

"Hey, Happy went flying ahead at max speed saying something about wanting to see you!" Lucy laughed.

"Yeah, I noticed." Natsu smiled, before sniffing the air, his gaze darkened and Lucy could immediately tell what he was sensing.

"Someone's here." Lucy looked down at the floor nodding. 

"A man entered the guild a while ago but no one could see his face, he is upstairs with Master right now, everyone said he was wearing a long cloak and a massive hat but his face was hidden almost everyone could feel an evil presence when he came in." Natsu looked upstairs, his fist clenched, and said

"I hope Gramps is ok" Lucy smiled and patted his arm comfortingly.

"He'll be fine Natsu, don't worry".

The guild was still tense and everyone looked up as Makarov walked down the stairs. Natsu was the first to speak up.

"Gramps, what is it? Everyone's saying some man came here." Everyone was staring at him for an answer and Makarov just sighed, his eyes seemed sad. Makarov turned his gaze towards the stairs, he seemed to have something to say but was unsure whether to or not. He opened and closed his mouth a few times before shaking his head and turning towards the guild, looking everyone in the eye and addressing them. 

"That man you saw, he is powerful, more powerful then any of you could imagine. We talked for a while and one thing was clear throughout all of that. He want's someone from the guild." at that there was an absolute uproar. Everyone was shouting, screaming. Lucy was in shock, who in the right mind who demand someone from the guild, thinking that they could just take them. Natsu was standing on top of a table, his fists in flames as he glared towards Makarov.

"Whoever this is, they are not getting anyone from the guild. They can go through all of us but we won't let them take them.!" The guild shouted in agreement with Natsu as Makarov sighed, letting a small smile show.

"Oh don't worry, I would never let someone take one of my children, but I'm hoping we can somehow come to an agreement with him or figure something out. This man, he is not afraid to kill and I am not willing to lose any of my children." Natsu's eyes sharpened at that, biting his lip, the flame dying down but his fists still clenched. Lucy sat down, gently placing her hand over his, and said

"Don't worry Natsu, we will be fine" Natsu nodded still glaring. Suddenly there was a surge of power, the room pulsed with red and a man appeared at the top of the stairs. He was wearing a hat on his head and he lifted his gaze looking around the room, he took off his clock and then slowly removed his hat, a sinister smile forming. He had pitch black hair slicked back on his head, red horns adorned the top of his head seeming to glisten in the light and a long devil tail swaying behind him. He had a red streak of hair and both of his eyes were red as his eyes went over the crowd they landed on Lucy and she felt the burning sensation in her stomach once again as one thing went through her mind. 'Father.'