Chapter 6

"For the last time, Griffin and I are not in love" -E

For the past 30 minutes all the boys have been trying to get me to announce my secret feelings for Griffin because they believed his dumbass joke. He wasn't doing anything to stop them either. He was just laughing at my annoyed state. I sent him a cold hard glare. 

"Okay, okay. Guys it was a joke. Emma and I don't have any kind of feelings for each other. Honest" -G

"Really?" -A and Elmo said excitedly before glancing at each other and sinking into their seats. 

Griffin nodded.

"Alright then" Chase said while leaning back into his seat like the rest of the guys. 

"Wow, you guys believe him but not me" I scoffed. 

They shrugged causing me to get even more annoyed. "Remember I'm the only one here who knows how to shoot a bow and arrow, and I don't miss."

I leaned back in my seat and continued to eat my dinner while the guys went back to talking to each other. We stayed like that for about an hour or so before I got bored.

"Anyone wanna go swimming?" -E

They all faced me. "That was random" -J

"but an honest question" I shrugged.

"Sure, I'll go" -A

"Me too" -Elmo 

I smiled at them. "Great, imma go change"

I cleaned up my stuff and went upstairs to find a swimsuit. Griff helped me pick them out, he wanted to find me something that I look hot in. He said quote on quote that "he wanted something nice to look at" which made me shove him into a rack.

When I came down I wasn't surprised to see the guys standing there shirtless, looking great. I had on a cover up. 

"Where's Griff" -E

"He said he'd be down in a minute. I think he had a call from his mom" -A

"Alright, let's go" -E

As soon as we got to the pool the boys dropped their stuff and jumped in while I found a seat. I wanted to wait for Griffin, I knew he would hype me up so I don't feel uncomfortable. He always knew how to boost my confidence.

I was reading on my phone when Griff came down. 

"Why aren't you in the pool" -G

"I was waiting for you, how's your mom"-E

"She's good and says hello"-G

"Tell her I said hello back" -E

"Will do, now lets get our fine asses in the pool" -G

"Fine, cover me?"-E

"Why do you wanna cover up your hot bod, They've already seen half of it" -G

"I don't wanna be uncomfortable so please just cover me" -E

"Fineeee, now come on"-G

He turned around while I took off my cover up. I went behind him and stayed there until we were in the pool. 

"Finally, what took you guys so long" -A

"They were probably makin out" -Elmo

"We were sitting right there, you would've seen us" -E

We swam and talked until we got cold and decided to go inside. It was getting late, it was already 11ish. 

"So are you gonna hang in my room or go to yours" I asked Griffin as we made our way upstairs.

"I think I'm gonna attempt at being a decent roommate tonight, but if it gets too awkward expect me in your room" -G

"I'll leave you space on the bed, Goodnight" I said giving him a hug.

"Goodnight" Griff said while giving me a tight squeeze. 

I went to my room and got ready for bed. The first day here, thankfully, didn't go as bad as I thought it would go. I thought we wouldn't talk or hang out. We'd all just be there minding our own business but I'm glad we didn't. Despite almost being hit by an arrow three time, it was actually a really fun day. 

After I cleaned up, I laid down and got out a book. I usually read or play on my phone until I fall asleep but I'm not sure how much I'll sleep up here because I'm not use to the environment and there were no curtains on the balcony window so I was kind of freaked out. 

*One hour later*

I still wasn't even a tad bit tired but this bed is extremely comfortable and I don't wanna leave it. Maybe I should go get some hot cocoa from downstairs, that usually puts me to sleep. I got up and put on some slippers before making my way quietly towards the kitchen. I really didn't wanna wake any of the guys or get their attention cause all I was wearing was a big t-shirt and tiny shorts.

When I finally made it to the kitchen, I found the cocoa on the very top shelf. I should of put it away instead of those boys. Why did I trust them with something so valuable. Now I had to climb the counter. Why is there no stool in here. Just as I had my hand on the hot cocoa, I heard someone walk in. 

Tonight was just not my night I guess. I hurriedly got down and tried to cover up as much as I could with my back still towards the person. I slowly turned around, really hoping it was just Griff so that we could laugh about it and move on but was disappointed to see Anthony. 

"I guess we're uneven again." -A

"I guess we are" I chuckled out. Yay a joke. It could have been worse. 

"So what are you doing up"-A

"Couldn't sleep, so I thought some hot cocoa might help"-E

"Me too"-Anthony smiled at me while grabbing a package for himself.  "My mom would always make me some when I was little and had nightmares."

"That's really sweet" I said holding my mug. 

He came closer so that he was standing in front of me leaning against the counter.

"Who got you into cocoa?" -A

I smiled, "My grandma, she'd come over and sit with me every Saturday. We'd have cocoa while we talked about whatever book we read that week."

"Do you still do that" -A

I shook my head "uh no, she passed away four years ago"

"Oh I'm sorry"-A

"It's fine" I said while looking up at him. 

We made eye contact, he had really beautiful eyes. 

"You have very intense eyes" He said while standing up straighter and taking slow steps towards me. "I read a few of your poems last year, they were all about love. Were they about a boyfriend."

He stopped when he was a foot away from me. 

"No" I whispered "I don't have a boyfriend"

He came a few inches closer.

"That's good to know" He leaned pass me to put his cup in the sink.

"Why's that"-E

He leaned back and look down at me, our bodies now only a few centimeters from each other.

"Just in case something were to happen" -A

"Like" -E

"Like this" He whispered before starting to lean in.

"Anthony, have you seen Emma" -G

He sighed and backed up and put me in Griff's sight.

"Hey Griff" - I said while awkwardly waving at him.