Missing Case

Genevieve Smith

I stiffened my yawn and stretched my muscles as soon as I shut my alarm down. Well I love mornings and workouts, because that's what keeps my physic intact and I love my physic. You know cheerleader must look perfect, that's what they say.

After brushing my teeth and drinking loads of water, I finished all my daily activities. It is still 4:00 Am in the morning, we have still 30 minutes to join others in the ground, so I thought why not do my makeup.

I have to look gorgeous. I can't let anyone see my freckles and dark circles.

First, I moisturized my face and tapped my cheeks gently, then filled in my eye-brows. Usually, after this I would have applied a foundation but  as I  said it is not advisable when you are sweating in ground, it would be hideous to look and I don't want to look like a disaster. I covered all my spots gently with a concealer, slightly tinted the apple of my cheeks, skipped the rest of the parts of makeup and finally applied my lip-balm.

Anyway, I would redo my actual makeup before going to school, I guess this is enough for exercising in ground.

Its 4:15 Am in the morning. I fixed my bed and texted my boy-friend.

Hey, it's a secret, no-one knows that I have one.

Now that I am done, I went to ground which is a 7-minute walk from here and reached there on time. Everyone was present already.

"Hi! You look perfect. I don't know how you pull of this perfect look every time" Layla my friend complained.

"Well good morning to you too Layla" I greeted with a smile.

"Hi Avery! How is Emilia doing?" I queried.

"What are you talking, can't you see she isn't here? She must be lazing in her room. I am afraid that she would again spend time in detention" she nonchalantly replied.

So, she doesn't know what happened to her yesterday and she calls herself as Emi's best friend.

"Well, I don't see Elis anywhere?" Avery queried.

"Well who cares about that chick, everyone here has important things to bother" a jealous Melanie replied.

Everyone knows, Elis is an advanced trainee and she would be in her first call of the day. That means no physical training.

"Hi! Gene, you look beautiful today!?" Deleon's voice startled me.

I grinned awkwardly!

"Well I wanted to ask you-"

The chatter died down as soon as our physical trainer whistled.

I thanked him inwardly to prevent the awkward situation I was facing.

"Today we are going to soon test your endurance in ground, so everyone has to do 25 push-ups and stretches and sit-ups before we begin today's session and before you start I have been informed that your peer student Emilia cannot join us today due to a medical issue, before we have any such issues I request all Weeklings to quit the training as that would be better for us both. At least, I will give a satisfactory grade for you in PE but if you still wish to continue and fail in the exam you are considered to be failed. Choice is yours girls" he stated looking at us.

"And boys" he continued smirking.

"Let's go" Avery and Layla were the first one to quit.

Slowly, almost all the girls quit, leaving me, Melanie and Barbara on the field.

None of the boys seem to quit, I wonder why?
I once heard they take this as a prestige issue.

I don't like girls quitting but we just can't challenge the trainer, otherwise he would fail everyone. He never leaves a chance to insult us girls.