Chapter 11

"Hey Cleo! I have another surprise from Mikey I'm supposed to deliver."

Cleo groaned. When would it end?

April came into the pink room, carrying a guitar case, and a laptop case.

"Well, technically, it's two surprises."

Cleo gasped. No matter how annoying all the gifts were, she had to admit that Mikey knew her style. She grabbed at the laptop case. When she opened it, there was a pink laptop with an amazing design of flowers.

"Whoa."

Cleo plopped down onto her bed. She quickly powered her laptop up, and started to make it her own. She made documents, downloaded the things from her broken laptop, and fixed her wallpaper into a dog background.

Taking about 5 seconds.

"Um... What about this guitar?"

"I have no intention of making music. It's ridiculously loud and annoying. The only reason I did karaoke thing three weeks ago was because you told me to go up."

"You didn't have to go up."

"Well, if I hadn't, you would've used the puppy dog face."

"Oh, come on! You liked music when I was showing you songs on Youtube!"

"Yeah, well, that was before people kept insisting that I sing for them. And by people, I mean you," Cleo pointed at April," and Mikey." She pointed at the pile of keyboard and guitar cases. Mikey had this dream of Cleo on those instruments, singing.

April sighed. "Well, I'll just put this on the pile."

"Don't accidently put it in the wrong pile!" There was another pile of CD's. Mikey really liked her voice. "And I really don't think I'm that great of a singer."

"You're kidding, right?"

"Nope."

"You're amazing at singing! Don't you think it would be fun to make music?"

Cleo stopped typing. "Well...It would be fun to make wonderful melodies." She looked toward the pile of guitars." And people seem to like my singing... No no!" She slammed her laptop shut. "This has gone far enough!" She got up and grabbed the newest guitar from the pile of instruments, planning to smash it. But then she got a good look at it. It was even prettier than the laptop. It was pink, with a heart entwined with a rose.

"Wowsers."

After a second, she put it down. "You know what? I can't hurt these things. They're gifts from my friend." She started to set up guitar holders and stuff. April got up to help.

Cleo and April dropped onto the bed, exhausted. Putting up guitars and keyboards was more tiring than they thought. Most of the guitars were put on the walls, a beautiful design of music. The pianos were put on the walls next to the T.V. At April's insistence, one guitar and one piano were put on the floor, in case Cleo wanted to play. A beautiful blue acoustic guitar and a beautiful red keyboard.

"When are you going to at least try to play?"

"Have you seen my fingers? They're too big to play anything."

"You have to at least try. Please!" April started to pull the puppy dog face.

Cleo covered her eyes. "Not the puppy dog face!"

April laughed. "Then you better play something."

"...Fine!" Cleo walked over to the guitar and put the strap around the her neck. April set up a microphone and CD for recording. Cleo sighed and started to play one of her favorite songs.