Chapter Six

PART ONE - IS IT LATE OR EARLY?

"Thank you for telling us your stories," Zari said, "I never knew there were so many people who have had similar experiences to us. We weren't quite prepared to tell ours -" he glanced at Wen, who had his head down and bit his lip, seemingly holding back tears. Zari wrapped his arm around Wen and said, "Perhaps another day, when we're slightly more at peace with everything? It all happened quite recently, neither of us is ready to talk." The others all nodded, seeing the tears in the firebender's golden eyes.

"We'd never make anyone say anything they didn't want to, Mako said.

"Thank you," Zari said, and Wen nodded in agreement.

"You guys want me to show you to your room? I hope you don't mind sharing," Iroh said.

"Of course not," Zari said. "We were actually hoping we could."

"What time is it?" Toph yawned. Lin almost said, 'Look for yourself,' before remembering that she couldn't.

"Twelve thirty AM," she replied.

"Wow, that's late," Mai said.

"No, it's early," Ty Lee told her.

"Wait, yeah," Azula said. "No... yeah? Is it late or early?"

"Whatever it is, Katara said, stretching, "It's too late or early to figure it out."

Asami laughed and picked up a sleeping Korra. "Seriously, I didn't expect to have to carry her to bed like this."

Slowly everyone filtered up, until Lin turned around and laughed. "Tez, look," she said.

He turned around and saw what Lin did - Izumi's right hand was holding Bumi's left, and she'd fallen asleep with her head on his shoulder. He'd fallen asleep, too, his head resting on hers.

"Didn't know he was a cuddler," Tenzin joked.

"You and me both," Lin said. Everyone walked upstairs, but before Lin went to bed she grabbed the camera she loved and took two pictures, printed them out, and put one on each of their pillows.

----------------------------------------------------

PART TWO - SPARRING

Lin and Izumi were sparring again. The good thing about living out here was, the woods provided protection and the kids could train without a second thought. Of course, bending wasn't illegal, but you could never be too safe.

"So," Lin said, dodging one of Izumi's red flames as she spun and kicked in the air, sending a boulder that her roommate had to duck, "I hear there's a boy."

"How'd you know?" Izumi shot lightning at the rock, shattering it with its force.

"Why else would you have a picture of Bumi on your side of the nightstand? Besides, you fell asleep on him last night. I put that picture on your pillow!"

"That was you?" Izumi did a backbend into a handstand, avoiding rocks Lin was aiming at her - a trick Ty Lee had taught the other girls.

"Of course it was!" Lin ducked under Izumi's lightning, it nearly hit the spot where her training bra was. Lin rubbed it. "Hey, that's close to my shoulder."

"Sorry." Izumi shot blue fire at Lin, and the Earthbender ducked. "So, yeah, no crush. But supposing I did have one, how would I get his attention?"

"Stop being Korra! And don't ask me for people advice. The only person worse would be Blind Bandit."

"I heard that!" Toph shouted from where she was sparring Su downstream of the little river.