Chapter Nine

PART ONE - AZULA'S BIRTHDAY DINNER

The fire crackled as the Runaway Squad sat around it, which is what they'd begun to call themselves. Everyone was enjoying their s'mores and hot dogs and small talk, Ty Lee was in Azula's lap and they were enjoying another make-out session.

(needless to say, Toph kept throwing small stones at the two, but didn't comment because it was Azula's birthday celebration)

"You wanna play a game?" Jinora asked everyone.

"Sure," Toph said. "What about Truth or Dare?"

"NO," everyone said. Toph was the worst at that game... Or the best? She always gave dirty dares and found questions that made people uncomfortable.

"Never have I ever?" Ikki suggested.

"No, SPIN THE BOTTLE!" Su screamed.

Everyone agreed. Tenzin picked up an empty soda bottle and Toph Earthbended a nicely sized table to spin it on, the teens taking seats all around the area. Su went first - she'd suggested it, after all - and it landed on Zari.

The twins shot a scared glance to one another. Zari signed, Sorry, bro, then closed his eyes while Su pecked his lips. She backed up after that, saying, "Spirits that was wrong," and drank a good amount of water while Zari spinned. It landed on Izumi.

"Shit," he said. "Okay. Guess I'm kissing you."

"Uh, okay," Izumi said.

Zari walked around the table to her and took her face in his hands, pressed his lips to hers, and then pulled away.

"You spin," he instructed, sitting down.

She spun, and it landed on Katara.

"I'm straight," they said at the same time.

"So, you won't kiss? Toph asked.

"You'll be out of the game," Sokka reminded.

"Okay.." Katara said.

"Okay!" Izumi quickly leaned over and kissed her friend on the lips, then the two turned away from one another.

"Look, I love you and all," Izumi said, "But as a sister."

"Yeah, won't do that again," Katara said as she spun the bottle.

It landed on Zuko.

"Oh, of course, all the of all the people," Katara rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. Zuko leaned over and kissed her, she fell backwards.

"Okay, FINE, I wasn't expecting that but SURE!" Katara was pissed as she rose to her seat. "Learn to warn a girl next time?"

"Uh, sure," Zuko scratched the back of his head. As everyone else, a pissed Katara was one of his worst nightmares.

"Shut up and spin the cursed thing already," Katara ordered.

Zuko did, and it landed on Mai. "Thank the Spirits, he said, and kissed her. It was a lingering kiss.

Toph bended a rock, and it hit Zuko's head. He flew off his chair, and it took Mai a moment to look down. "Zuko?" she asked, confused.

"Whoops." Toph gave her signature grin, then said, "Spin, lady."

Mai rolled her eyes, and spun the bottle. Fuck.

"Lovely," Tenzin said. Lin scowled at Mai.

"Uhhhhhh, okay," Mai said. She'd never kissed anyone but Zuko. How was this supposed to work?

Tenzin pecked her lips, then immidiately drank a full bottle of water and whispered "Sorry, babe," in Lin's ear before spinning to bottle.