Chapter Ten

PART ONE - HOUSE AND HEARING

Wen and Zari were in their rooms, talking.

What do you think so far, Brother? We agreed we'd try three days and they are up. Would you like to stay? Zari asked.

I don't know, we haven't even seen the whole thing yet, Wen relplied.

Well, we could always go explore.

Wen nodded. The brothers slid off their beds and started on the bottom floor.

There was a kitchen, dining room, living room, bathroom, pantry, a huge storage unit, Toph and Su's room, as well as Azula and Suki's. On the next floor was a pool, Lin and Izumi, Bolin and Kai, Wen and Zari, Kya and Jinora, Katara and Korra, Mako and Aang, and Zuko and Iroh. On the third floor was a ballroom, Opal and Ikki, Tenzin and Sokka, Asami and Ty Lee, and Mai's room. On the fourth was an attic, which the group had turned into a hangout center with half a dozen couches, four or five comfy chairs, three coffee tables, lanterns, and decorations that Opal, Jinora, and Ikki made when they were bored. Outside, there was a huge garden and lots of woods, including a river running through the trees.

Quite large, Wen said.

Yes, Brother.

Just then, they heard Su calling everyone in for dinner.

They took their seats at the table and grabbed some pasta each, Zari laying on the red sauce thickly while Wen buttered and cheesed his. As they ate, Wen began to wonder what Su's voice sounded like. Maybe it sounded how she looked... Beautiful and small, as if a wisp of smoke that the slightest breeze could carry away; yet also strong, she'd only be carried if she wanted to be.

Zari tapped is shoulder. Toph can teach you to hear if you listen to sound waves hitting the ground. She learned it when she learned to "See." Do you want her to teach you?

Wen looked to the teens who were all looking at him, besides Toph, who smiled and ate her noodles and looked right ahead like she usually did. He assumed that she was "Looking" at him through her sesmic senses, though.

Wen nodded and smiled. Everyone else smiled and said stuff, cheering and all, he guessed.

Being deaf was a good thing sometimes. He didn't have to hear negatives. He never once had to deal with people bombarding him with questions about this and that.
But it could also be bad. He'd never had an actual conversation with anyone. He'd never heard anyone's voice. When his brother was kidnapped by opposing pirates when he was three, he couldn't hear his twin's screams for Wen's help.

He was glad that he'd be able to hear soon.

----------------------------------------------------

PART TWO - PURPLE

"Sokka," Bumi asked while they trained, "What's up with you and Suki?"

"Nothing," the tan boy replied. His voice didn't waver, his fighting remained just the same. He was a good liar, and a sneaky one.

"Nothing? Why haven't you been sneaking off together, then, if there's nothing?"

"Because there isn't anything," Sokka said. "Nothing between Suki and I."

"Oh," Bumi said, swinging under Sokka's wooden sword as Sokka jumped to avoid Bumi's hitting his legs. "Since when?"

"Three days ago."

"Why?"

"I don't feel like I used to," Sokka said. "What's with the personal questions? Back off, man, it's my life."