Chapter 20

Christian's POV

After Ruth went away from the table I found myself getting tense not only by the way Ruby was acting but mostly because of how Eliza was looking at me with those eyes.

Something inside of me twisted painfully as she got up and went after Ruth. I detest that look of disappointment plastered on her face.

I stood up instantly and grabbed Ruby's arm causing her to stand up as well. I said a few words and excused myself from the table dragging her along with me.

"What do you think you're doing?!"

My voice coming out calm but demanding at the same time. Ruby had the nerve to cross her arms over her chest and pouted.

"There's nothing wrong with the way I dress right. I mean I know you like it."

She batted her eyes trying to flirt. The only thing I was feeling right now was pure rage and disgust at myself.

Why did I bring her?

My eyes widened slightly remembering the reason as to why I brought her.

You needed the distraction remember.

I mentally cringed. It wasn't supposed to be like this. I was supposed to be out camping and away from Eliza. This was just the exact opposite.

"Yes"

I saw the way her eyes lit up and her mouth twitch up into a smirk.

"You know you can't resist me. That annoying bitch is nothing compared to me."

She ended with a scoff.

My body tensed immediately. My hands turning into a fist by my side. My possessive side was surfing up to the surface again. When it came to Eliza I just always find myself becoming protective over her.

"Yes. There is definitely something wrong with the way you dress and I would very much appreciate it if you could stop the whole flirting thing."

I knew I hit a spot somewhere deep down in her heart. Not sure if she really had one.

"How could you say that to me? You weren't complaining about my outfit the last time I was with you in your room."

"That was different you and I both know that that was a one time thing. Don't tell me you're actually hoping a relationship would transpire between us?"

I was aware that I was being a complete ass right now but having heard of how she talked about Eliza at the table and right now just riled me up.

"Then why'd you bring me along? Huh?! What's the point of me being here then?!"

Her voice was getting louder as she shouted angrily at me.

"I needed the distraction. That's it! You're nothing more you get that?! Don't go off feeling so special about yourself. You're a no one to me."

Her face was distorted with anger. Her eyes boring into mine as my words sunk deeper. I've always been this way to all the other women. She's just one of them. Truth be told I was getting tired of her.

"What the hell is wrong with you? First you go around telling your family I'm your girlfriend then suddenly I'm a nothing now? Do you have commitment issues or something?! You have a fucked up life and I'm not staying around to deal with them."

Ah that's what they all say before leaving madly hoping deep down inside I would go after them. Ruby was no exception. She left but not before slapping me across the cheek.