Chapter 9

Lizzy's POV

We were sitting on her bed and she was drilling me with questions. I told her about the night he slept over on our movie night. About how he had broken up with Raven. The part where I had a dirty mind. Oops. It felt so good not having to keep a secret from her.

Ruth had that look on her face. You know, the look that she's contemplating whether or not she should tell me about something.

"What's up with you?"

Her eyes got bigger. "Well, I've been meaning to tell you about something."

"Something or someone?" I know that she was about to tell me about her new crush from the way she was twisting her fingers.

"Umm.. You see I'm not sure if he likes me back."

"Oh puh-lease Ruth. Have you seen yourself? What guy in their right mind wouldn't like you?"

She smiled but still hesitated to talk.

"Alright. Who is it? Who's the lucky fella?"

Silence

"Is it someone I know?" hoping to get something out of her.

She shook her head. "Promise not to judge?"

"As if Ruth."

"He's tall." I rolled my eyes at her sudden shyness

"I swear I'll kill you if you stall any minute more."

"Fine, Fine. It's uhh- It's Eddy."

My eyes got bigger. What this doesn't make sense. She hates Eddy. Ever since they met, the only thing they do is fight.

"Eddy? Eddy as in Christian's friend. Our friend? The Eddy?!"

"Yup." She nodded her head. "You can't say anything." Her eyes looked at me seriously.

"What?! When did this whole crush thing happen?"

"Remember that time we went out to the park?" I nodded my head showing that I did.

"Well things might have happened."

"Things?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Well we were walking back to his house, fighting as usual. I walked into his house searching for my Phone when he came in smiling at me so I asked him what's with the ugly face?"

I smiled knowing exactly how Ruth looked like saying that.

"So what happened?"

"Well he just continued smiling and grabbed my phone out from his pocket. I walked over to him and got mad for making me miss out from your treat. He just laughed at me so I tried taking my phone out of his hand. He was too tall for me so I climbed the sofa and tried grabbing it. My hand was on his shoulder trying to stable myself so I could reach higher and."

"Please don't tell me you fell down."

"Pfft of course not. I simply tripped down." I rolled my eyes again.

"That still doesn't explains why you like him."

"Okay so after I tripped" I noticed how she started smiling "I landed on top of him." Her cheeks redden slightly.

"We just stayed in that position for a while looking at each other. He leaned in closer. I thought he was going to kiss me. But he didn't. Instead he just cleared his throat and stood up and helped me up. It got awkward so I went back home."

"Did you both ever talk about it?"

"Yeah Liz. I casually brought up the topic where I thought he was going to kiss me." Ughh I hate the sarcastic side of her.